Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Beta Test "Rides" and the Fremont, CA, Factory tour!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gg_got_a_tesla

Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913
Jan 29, 2010
Redwood Shores, CA
The email invite is in, confirming the event mention from the last Tesla earnings call

TeslaBetas.jpg
!

I'm pretty concerned about the "each invitation will provide access for two attendees" bit. Do the kids count? Because here's the situation:
1. The wife is not 100% convinced
2. Which means she needs to come and see the car and take a ride
3. Which means we need to bring the kids (why should I have to arrange for babysitting when it would be good for them to check it out too?)

I hope Tesla will be more accomodating of families when trying to show off their family-friendly sedan.

The fine print states, "Test drives will not be provided", yet Tesla will provide rides? :confused: My instinct tells me won't be allowed to sit on the driver's seat, just the passenger and rears.
Yep. Which is understandable, the cars probably aren't cleared for general driving. The only real reason to go would be as a vacation of sorts. My father-in-law lives very nearby. Maybe I'll send him my reservation and tell him to let me know what he thinks :). He's a big car nut in general, though usually fixing up really old cars.

The fine print states, "Test drives will not be provided", yet Tesla will provide rides? :confused: My instinct tells me won't be allowed to sit on the driver's seat, just the passenger and rears.

Yes, Elon Musk confirmed that this would be the case on the earnings call. Only joy rides, no test drives (lest one of us lead-foots crash the precious betas, the liability issues apart! :wink:)

Last edited:
thats fine, but where can i get a roadster to rent? i would like to hang around for a week or two.

In case you missed the suggestion posted just prior:

Also:
San Francisco (SFO) is the major one nearby. You can also connect from some other international hub in the US to San Jose (SJC) or Oakland (OAK).

+1 on that. Any of them can work.
Those 3 airports basically describe a triangle around the Tesla factory. Take your pick.

I'm pretty concerned about the "each invitation will provide access for two attendees" bit. Do the kids count? Because here's the situation:
1. The wife is not 100% convinced
2. Which means she needs to come and see the car and take a ride
3. Which means we need to bring the kids (why should I have to arrange for babysitting when it would be good for them to check it out too?)

I hope Tesla will be more accomodating of families when trying to show off their family-friendly sedan.

I had the same issue with the Model S prototype event, and Tesla was totally cool about bringing the whole family. I realize this is a slightly bigger and more formal event, but to your point I'd be shocked if they didn't let you bring your immediate nuclear family to see the car that they'll all be using by next year (fingers crossed!).

I so want to go, but I just came back 3 days ago from a 3 week vacation trip to the US. There's no way I can get the money or the time off to go on something as crazy as this. I would almost have to go for a weekend and that is insane for the west-coast. Hopefully they will have something similar in Europe a bit later?
Someone take an awful lot of pictures and write long reviews and first impressions :)

Cobos