Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production and delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was in the production queue for about a week, then it was being built for another week before it changed to "in transit". I've looked around for other sources on this forum and so far it seems there is no hard, fast rule about how to track this stuff. The speed with which your car goes through the queue depends entirely upon what's in the queue at the moment and what's currently being built.

Website just changed my status to "In Production" The Tesla Factory is building your Model S.

Model S 90D - Midnight Silver Metallic, Tan Next Generation Seats, Carbon Fiber Decor, Panoramin Roof, Premium Interior/Lighting, Ultra HiFidelity Sound

Mine was in the production queue for about a week, then it was being built for another week before it changed to "in transit". I've looked around for other sources on this forum and so far it seems there is no hard, fast rule about how to track this stuff. The speed with which your car goes through the queue depends entirely upon what's in the queue at the moment and what's currently being built.

autodidaddict -- how long did transit take for your car?? I noticed we are both in CT. Trying to get an idea of how long mine will take to get here. Mine has now been in production for 6 days.

autodidaddict -- how long did transit take for your car?? I noticed we are both in CT. Trying to get an idea of how long mine will take to get here. Mine has now been in production for 6 days.

It took, if I remember right, 8 business days from when the page said it was "in transit" until it told me the car was being prepped for my delivery at the store.

BTW - congratulations on the car!! I picked mine up yesterday and I still can't wipe the smile off my face.