Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the 70 non-D now available in the design studio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I had just ordered or taken delivery of a 70D that I didn't need tons of range on I'd be a little pissed.

That said my dream "summer vacation car" just dropped in price by $5,000.00

Meh. It is what is it is. Nothing I can do about it. Taking delivery of a 70D in a week or so. Production completed 3 days ago. Honestly, I'd be in a bigger world of hurt feelings if I ordered the P85D and was taking delivery of that next week instead since I'd want the P90D with Ludicrous mode.

It seems to only be available on the US website. The Belgian website hasn't been updated yet. (I haven't checked other countries.)

Meh. It is what is it is. Nothing I can do about it. Taking delivery of a 70D in a week or so. Production completed 3 days ago. Honestly, I'd be in a bigger world of hurt feelings if I ordered the P85D and was taking delivery of that next week instead since I'd want the P90D with Ludicrous mode.

No you wouldn't — you'd get the ludicrous (+85->90kWh) update for 5000$ (+ labor I guess) instead of 13000$ as build to order !

If you have a D, enjoy the efficiency and speed boost, and potential future efficiency software upgrades.

The D version will also be much easier to resale in future as it opens up the bulk of the country in North that won't consider owning a RWD over an AWF in the snowy/icy regions. Most would take a FWD over a RWD car even.

Dam, with the $7500 federal tax credit a lightly optioned NEW S70 is only a few thousand dollars more than many CPO S85's.

I wonder if this will drive down CPO prices? This difference now makes me take pause on a CPO purchase vs a NEW S70.

I'm in no hurry and time will tell if CPO prices are impacted. This is a great time to be a buyer.