Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toyota pitching hydrogen as storage medium

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I track "Mirai" automatically on google, and there is literally one or more articles published per day. Significant PR money here. One reason I think is to hold Prius owners as long as possible. Prius is huge business.
It funny to hear the head of Toyota north america give his hydrogen pitch. He says the right world, but with a complete lack of enthusiasm. Not that he necessarily believes that there is no future in hydrogen transport, but rather that Toyota's motivation for pushing the Mirai now is for CARB credits and to spread uncertainty.

I'm really curious what the cost is for hydrogen fuel. I imagine if it was practical there would be many more applications for it. Also, the issue of range is is really not that important if enough superchargers are built because waiting 20-40 minutes every once in a while when you do a road trip is not that big a deal as compared to fueling up each week once or twice. With my off peak charging rates I get about 3 cents a mile and about 2 cents a mile with my volt.