Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire pressure monitoring

Tire pressure monitoring

Hi All,

Been lurking here for a while, but as I now have a Signature 250 sitting in my drive I thought I had better register.

A quick question - is it possible to display the actual tire (we spell it tyre over here) pressures. The monitor on my car shows a picture of the car but with no numbers.

Under setup I can choose from 2 different pressure settings, but unless I am being stupid (highly probable) or there is something wrong I can not see how to display the actual pressures.

Thanks
    Alan

Blog Entries
    Turn the car on and wait.

Roadster #619
    It actually takes quite a while to get tire pressure readings. At the end of your drive, before turning off the car, check the readings. All 4 tires come up at different times. In my case, one of the tires never showed a result and the sensor needed to be reset. Apparently this is fairly common.

Roadster 938 Model S 5957
    I've had alot of problems with this as well - have had me sensors reset twice - and used to get tire pressure system warnings come up everytime I drove. After my last visit from the "TESLA RANGER" hehe.....been working good again.

And yes takes forever to load tire pressures.....

Thanks Guys!

I have it sorted now. I can only access the information icon when stationary (at least that seems to be the case on my car) yet the tire monitoring only works after driving a bit. The trick seems to be to select tire monitoring before driving off, the temp and pressures pop up after a while.

One day I must must stop having fun driving the car and find some time to read the manual

Alan

PS Note to mods - this is the second time I have tried to post a reply. If thats because I am a new user and have to have post approved first, please delete the one with the most spelling / grammar errors!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    The trick seems to be to select tire monitoring before driving off, the temp and pressures pop up after a while.
    I don't yet own a Roadster, but based on my past experiences with TPMS, this makes sense. Driving around would make the numbers register MUCH more quickly. Sitting stationary would eventually work but took forever.

Huh. I'm usually only to the end of the driveway before I remember I hadn't checked that week, stopping, putting on the parking brake, and they seem to already have measured by then. If I remember when I'm in the garage, I usually have a result within about 5 seconds.

I like to keep mine at 32/42. Autosport has a great dual-filling chuck that can fill two tires at once, keeping them at the same pressure.

I've had my Roadster for 19 months, and it's been my habit since day one to check the tire pressure every morning before I leave the garage (pressure readings are supposed to be taken before they warm up from driving). The TPMS display has never failed to show me the pressure readings within 10 seconds after turning on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveD View Post
    I've had my Roadster for 19 months, and it's been my habit since day one to check the tire pressure every morning before I leave the garage (pressure readings are supposed to be taken before they warm up from driving). The TPMS display has never failed to show me the pressure readings within 10 seconds after turning on the car.
    Sounds like your car is fitted with one of the early Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems that was able to identify all the tyre pressures as soon as the ignition was switched on.

Quote Originally Posted by DRM View Post
    It actually takes quite a while to get tire pressure readings. At the end of your drive, before turning off the car, check the readings. All 4 tires come up at different times. In my case, one of the tires never showed a result and the sensor needed to be reset. Apparently this is fairly common.
    Sounds like your car may not be fitted with the original TPMS, and has the replacement one (not from the original supplier). With the original system there was no need to "reset" sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by SByer View Post
    I like to keep mine at 32/42. Autosport has a great dual-filling chuck that can fill two tires at once, keeping them at the same pressure.
    That sounds like a great accessory. I assume it allows you to equalize the pressure between two tires if one is over and one is under. Also, is it long enough to connect to two wheels while they're on the car (on opposite sides)?

Thread Information