Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How about this as an Infiniti BEV?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RobStark

Jul 2, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
A less aggressive version of this will be the next Nissan Maxima. I think this,minus the grill because a BEV does not need to feed air to the ICE, should be Nissan's proverbial Tesla "fighter/killer". Aerodynamic wheels would not hurt either.

PH-113009986.jpg

PH-113009986.jpg

PH-113009986.jpg

V2-150209962.jpg

A less aggressive version of this will be the next Nissan Maxima. I think this,minus the grill because a BEV does not need to feed air to the ICE, should be Nissan's proverbial Tesla "fighter/killer". Aerodynamic wheels would not hurt either.

I think that we need another name for this class of car. Instead Tesla killer, I think Tesla tickler is more appropriate.

Well when the Bolt was revealed pretty much every news source and auto blog called it that. I bet even Chevy greenlit that as the buzzword of choice. But obviously all those people are just fanboiz! Right?
You're referring to a car that this thread has nothing to do with, then asking me to defend this position. Seriously?

Again, who is calling this Inifiniti a "Tesla killer"?

The post before yours was talking more broadly about how the term Tesla killer gives Tesla free advertising. It wasn't clear whether your skepticism/derision was targeted toward this particular car or the term Tesla Killer itself.

The term has been floated around for cars other than the Bolt (the i3, some crappy Chinese EVs, etc). Anyone who announces a long range EV with a low-ish pricetag, the term "Tesla killer" WILL be featured in clickbait headlines from now on.

ok dudes, enough sniping :)

nissan once again, poops out what for me is another toyota-style fugly design that tries too hard to look aggressive. maybe they should focus on fixing the unfortunately reliability problems that have popped up in their recent infinitis.

According to Consumer Reports Infiniti ranks 8th out of 23 brands tracked for reliability.

Only brands that have at least two vehicles qualify for "brand" rankings therefore Tesla does not quality.

But Model S is "average" on CR's reliability rankings.

As Nissan's sales have surged in the US the last two years their reliability has fallen. Now 18 out of 23 brands. Nissan's US factories are manufacturing at or near full capacity while Infinitis come from Nissan's Japanese factories.

If the next Maxima looks close to this concept it will be caliente. Doubly so parked next to a LEAF.