Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X, Now Taking Reservations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure why they find it newsworthy and declare features "confirmed" just because Tesla deleted a bunch of details from their website and left a simplistic teaser page. By that token, since they left up the original concept picture with camera mirrors, shouldn't they be declaring "Confirmed: Model X to have cameras for rear view mirrors"?

I agree "confirmed" is too much. However, it isn't completely unrealistic to assume this teaser was developed together with the eventual new Model X site, if launch is nearby. Hence it also would be possible they would have removed the 60 kWh mentions etc. if they were unsure and/or about to remove them.

I haven't seen any reason to believe 60 kWh Model X won't come, no matter how popular that belief is on TMC. I guess the only reason to suggest it would be gone is that there is no AWD 60 kWh Model S and that Tesla's 200+ mile baseline might be threatened with an AWD 60 kWh Model X, but that is just speculation.

I'm leaning on there being a 60 kWh Model X and this update being further confirmation of that, but I agree it is not a complete confirmation because there is still the chance the web team is in the dark.