Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Such thing as “Inventory” discount for model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Admittedly I don’t own model X. Just MYP (meaning Model Y Performance for those using Google). For a whopping two months. So basically a Tesla newbie.

I am so happy with my MYP, that I naturally looked at model X as the logical upgrade. Yes, I test drove it.

One thing I notice, quarter end discounts for inventory : lots of discounts on model Ys. That’s how I bought mine in September. Same thing now. However, zero inventory discounts for model X this quarter. At least within 200 miles of my zip code. Is this normal for model X?

It depends on how you are looking at it, I guess. Those vehicles that are now 79,990 and 94,990 were well into the 6 figures, earlier this year. They are discounted like 20+ grand from their prices earlier this year, so they are already discounted pretty heavily. Of course, if you are looking "what they were priced before" doesnt really matter, right?

People are HOWLING up a storm about the price on these being as (comparatively) low as they are now, though, so no idea if they will stay this low. You might find a discount on a demo or something but these prices are aggressive compared to previous pricing on them.

Tesla will often offer price incentives to order and take delivery before EOY. Sometimes they offer incentives like free Supercharging, short term FSD or no charge paint colors.
Right now they are pretty sold out for the end of year, so perhaps few last minute incentives.
A huge incentive, right now, is that buyers of base Model X can qualify for the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit. Can file early 2024 and get the refund quickly.

Tesla always offers inventory discounts on all models. I’m seeing it right now on soke X’s in my area in California. Also, earlier this year, Tesla was even offering 3 years of free supercharging with a new S or X.

Tesla always offers inventory discounts on all models. I’m seeing it right now on soke X’s in my area in California. Also, earlier this year, Tesla was even offering 3 years of free supercharging with a new S or X.
No inventory discounts on Model X in my ZIP code within 200 miles radious. Just a few Demo vehicles with small discounts. Only one brand new Model X in inventory (zero discount)