Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do people like the "new" seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most of the discussion about the new Tesla seats has been about people not getting the seats they ordered, which is understandably frustrating.

As someone waiting for my S85D, though, I am curious as to whether people have gotten the "new" seats that will be on the S85D. That is, I know P85D owners have been upset that they didn't get the upgraded seats they ordered, but did they get the "new" seats that will be on the S85D, or did they get the seats that Tesla was using before the October announcement?

And if they got the "newer but not upgraded" seats, how did they like them compared to the older seats?

The front seats are an improvement. The back headrest is to high for me. Vision not as good as my Model S.

P1040593.JPG
P1040594.JPG

I know I had read a thread here or in the TM forum arguing that the older back row seat headrests were too low, and could be dangerous in the event of certain types of accidents. Too bad there's a trade off for visibility.

they could have made them adjustable - this way getting best of both.
or even just detacheble - my old rover from start 1990 had headrest in the back with could be adjusted and/or removed if I wished so - I guess this is how most other cars are made, and it works well

they could have made them adjustable - this way getting best of both.
or even just detacheble - my old rover from start 1990 had headrest in the back with could be adjusted and/or removed if I wished so - I guess this is how most other cars are made, and it works well
Best setup I saw was a mercedes loaner I once had, rear headrests flipped down at the touch of a button on the dash to give better vision.

If only there was the option of an always-on HD rear view camera so that rearward visibility was not an issue :)

You can leave the rear view camera displayed if you press the camera button. I currently drive this way. And from experience rear visibly can still be an issue with the rear view camera, most especially when it's raining; even worse when it's dark and raining.

@gmontem, I'm pretty sure that @eye.surgeon's post was tongue-in-cheek: he knows about the rear view camera.

I always have the rear view camera image at the top of the center display while driving. But I agree with you that it is not useful in the rain.

The new rear headrests look very high. I am sure they are safer, but I would prefer the center headrest to be lower.

I always have the rear view camera image at the top of the center display while driving. But I agree with you that it is not useful in the rain.
I've found it to be useful in the rain most of the time. I can see where it wouldn't be useful a lot of the time in the salt belt during winter.

I find that even a little rain makes the rear camera useless. I've not seen that be an issue with the aftermarket camera on my Lambo, and the standard cameras on Lexuses. I think a little lip over the camera would do wonders.

Now back to the previously scheduled thread...