Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's in your "F"runk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sublimaze1

8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins
Sep 6, 2012
Basin City, TX
So in response to some threads (one of which being the P85D having reduced front trunk space) ....

What do you keep in your frunk

Me?

Two foldable lawn chairs (the ones that slide into a bag)
my power inverter
Two bleacher cushions (for when we go see my daughter's college football games)
emergency clothes bag (socks, shorts, shirt) in a gallon ziploc bag (thank you military training)
one heavy duty 50' 110 extension cord
and I am not sure how the baseball bat got there.

Nothing. I don't use it. Put everything (charging adapters, UMC, tire pressure gauge, etc.) in the "well" in the back. I suppose if I had the rear facing seats things might be different but as it stands right now I don't like the hand prints that get on my black hood when closing the hood using the approved method.

Mike

It actually aggravates me when i have to open it to show Tesla noobs the frunk space. I'm thinking to myself the whole time "...damn it I'm gonna have those greasy palm prints on my hood..." LOL

Tesla could fix that by having an electronic closing/latching mechanism on the front like on the rear hatch...

Mike

It actually aggravates me when i have to open it to show Tesla noobs the frunk space. I'm thinking to myself the whole time "...damn it I'm gonna have those greasy palm prints on my hood..." LOL

Paint armour compatible detail spray works just fine for me at car shows. Also I didn't make the mistake of getting a dark colour :)

"...damn it I'm gonna have those greasy palm prints on my hood..." LOL

While I rarely use the frunk due to seeing the dreaded crease starting to form, when I do I grab my small microfiber cloth jammed up in the space under the touch screen. If I need to open the frunk, I just grab the cloth and use it when closing. It;s just big enough to allow me to put my hands in the proper positions. Also very helpful on a hot sunny day. The dark green can get painfully hot for bare hands.

As for what I keep in the frunk, things I almost never need so I don't have to open it...

-an insulated bag for the very rare occasion I get cold groceries and don't drive directly home

-two oversized black towels and short flat bungee cords that perfectly wrap around the headrests, holding the towels on the seats. If for some reason I'm totally filthy/sweaty/wet and dont want to nasty up the seats, I can just cover them. This has only happened once but I was damn glad I had a towel to cover the seat.

A tire repair kit, w/air compressor, patches, and high quality tire pressure gauge. I do use it for groceries when I have a usual load of 3-4 bags, which fits nicely without worrying about the eggs flying across the rear trunk. I also love using the frunk as a conversation starter.

Cold weather gear, Asolo Fugitive GTX GoreTex Hiking Boots, Wool Socks, Fully loaded - 4100 cubic inch -Eberlestock F4 Terminator Tactical Pack, MRE's, and security related items. NEMO MultiCam Tactical Super Bivy, Down ECWS Sleeping bag System, Multicam GoreTex Jacket and pants, flashlight, golf stuff, shorts, golf socks, gloves, shoes. Racketing cargo straps, bungee cords. and Class III ecohitch receiver/adapter. Its tight, but it fits.

I keep all my charging apparatus in the rear "well" - 100 feet 10 gauge lighted extension cord, 50 feet of 50AMP NEMA 14-50 extension cord (new style dryer plug), multiple electric adapters (NEMA 5-15, NEMA 5-20, NEMA 10-30, NEMA 14-30, NEMA 14-50, SAE J1772 & Shore Power to NEMA 14-50 dog bone & NEMA 10-30 to NEMA 14-50 Dog bone) and 50 feet of 30 AMP 240/30AMP camping extension cord (old style dryer plug). zip tied Chargepoint and other electric pay per use systems attached to the adapter bag. Just need the CHAdeMO adapter and I will have most options covered.

Last edited:
Tesla Frunk organizer with Tire inflation kit inside with a few microfiber cloths. The Cargo net creates a tightly held elastic net between the frunk organizer, where I have some "Invisable Glass" cleaner for inside glass and some Rain-x glass cleaner for exterior windows and panoramic roof and a few more microfiber cloths. I love finding really beautiful places to clean my windows, the antithesis of cleaning them the old way, at a gas station!
Btw, does the Tesla Frunk Organizer fit in the new D frunk?