Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low VIN Upgrades?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up a 3*** VIN car today and was wondering if anyone knew either or not Tesla has an updated rotor replacement?....the brakes feel so weak compared to higher VIN cars I have driven and the back up camera blows.

I will ask the SC next week but just curious if any one has any voluntary upgraded.

Picked up a 3*** VIN car today and was wondering if anyone knew either or not Tesla has an updated rotor replacement?....the brakes feel so weak compared to higher VIN cars I have driven and the back up camera blows.

I will ask the SC next week but just curious if any one has any voluntary upgraded.

Back then you only got the HD backup camera with the tech package, not otherwise. I also believe the non-tech cars shipped with halogen instead of HID headlamps. Tesla issued a service bulletin for heavier brake rotors in the case of squeaking. It was specific to 21" wheels, but I received the upgraded rotors during service even though I had 19" wheels.