Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power 12 Capture Pro - J1772 charger lock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have never been unplugged so I don't think I need it. I think all public chargers have an emergency OFF switch so if someone wants to mess with you, they still can.
Here is another option of you are worried. put a fake or real camera in the small little back window facing outside and put a sticker on it, "smile for the camera". That should keep people from messing with it.

Since public charging infrastructure is a shared resource, I would just be cautious and judicious about usage of such locking tools. Getting back to your question, no, don't have one and a situation where something like this might have been useful for me would have been ... once, in my 2.5 years of BEV driving? Of course, your situation may vary; dsmith probably has an argument to be made that something like this would be useful in his case.

Akikiki had one that he wasn't using and gave it to me since I seem to get unplugged the most down in the Ward area. I am probably the one that uses those chargers the most (with a tesla)
for some reason the locking tab on the charger plugs at Ward look like they has been modified by removing the plastic over the metal with the locking hook and therefore are useless with the capturePro. I have tried to use it but found that backing up over the cord although not a good electrical practice does keep people from unplugging you since they can not move it to their car. for other J1772 charger plugs that are not modified the capturePro is more effective but not 100%. an alternative that most J1772 plugs have is a hole that you can put a small luggage lock onto to prevent people from pressing the unlock button.

- - - Updated - - -

Since public charging infrastructure is a shared resource, I would just be cautious and judicious about usage of such locking tools. Getting back to your question, no, don't have one and a situation where something like this might have been useful for me would have been ... once, in my 2.5 years of BEV driving? Of course, your situation may vary; dsmith probably has an argument to be made that something like this would be useful in his case.

no argument here. not useful. at least with the Ward chargers.