Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Did anyone else notice with the newest software update you can now select the navigation arrow to point up and in the direction you are driving (no longer anchored with North at the top of the screen). I am glad this is now available as it makes it a lot easier for me to use the navigation screen for quick reference.

I received the newest small update a couple of days ago. Just passing it along...

Hi everyone,

Did anyone else notice with the newest software update you can now select the navigation arrow to point up and in the direction you are driving (no longer anchored with North at the top of the screen). I am glad this is now available as it makes it a lot easier for me to use the navigation screen for quick reference.

I received the newest small update a couple of days ago. Just passing it along...

That had been around for a long time.

Since the arrow was mentioned in the post...

Because the navigation software doesn't always pick the best route (trying to be kind...), I noticed yesterday the arrow on the navigation display on the dashboard (not the 17" display) anticipates turning following the bad directions.

As I approached a turn the navigation software wanted me to make (that I ignored), the arrow on the nav display actually started turning as I approached the turning point - anticipating I was entering the turn - and then after I passed beyond that point, the nav software re-aligned the arrow to straight - and then had to redo the navigation route, since I was now off the original route.