Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Here Are the New Electric Cars You'll Be Seeing on the Road by 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Writing an article on the future of electric cars and asking the question "Which car company will be the first to build out a charging network?", without mentioning Tesla is just silly. And the arbitrary excuse of only cars less then $70K is not the answer.

If I was playing Jeopardy, the question to: Anton Wahlman would be:

Who did Tesla Motors decline to give a loaner car for a review to?

He certainly seems to be pissed at Tesla.

Writing an article on the future of electric cars and asking the question "Which car company will be the first to build out a charging network?", without mentioning Tesla is just silly. And the arbitrary excuse of only cars less then $70K is not the answer.

If I was playing Jeopardy, the question to: Anton Wahlman would be:

Who did Tesla Motors decline to give a loaner car for a review to?

He certainly seems to be pissed at Tesla.

Ah, thanks, Anton Wahlman's pretty much on my ignore list. He has a very clear agenda/target demographic for his articles.

I will say that looking beginning 2017 is reasonable given that people who care might be lessees.

Not that I take this drivel as serious journalism or fact. But how can someone write this piece without even mentioning Tesla?

Here Are the New Electric Cars Youll Be Seeing on the Road by 2017 | Business News

It's not serious journalism or fact. There's nothing in there that suggests even a general familiarity with the strategies of the various companies, or with the product plans they may be considering.
Tesla's omission is both obvious and strange, given how the very name of the company is click-bait these days (look, e.g., at how many stories Jalopnik has done recently that mention "Tesla" Jalopnik - Drive Free or Die). But that's clearly intentional, for whatever reason. The omission of any mention of Nissan's CHAdeMO effort in the "charging infrastructure" section, though, speaks volumes, because it suggests that the author really hasn't done any homework at all.

They have a Contact Us link at bottom of page for feedback. I sent something in

Is this a serious article?
Here Are the New Electric Cars Youll Be Seeing on the Road by 2017 | Business News

How a straight down the line reporter could fail to even mention Tesla Motors in this article is amazing. I like how his cutoff of $70,000 just happens to be $2,500 less than Tesla Model S base price. Also, Tesla is planning on a third generation vehicle to start in the $35,000 range in next 3 years but he also doesn't mention that. Even assuming his criteria of $70k cutoff was genuine how you could not even mention what Tesla is doing in the EV space is tough to understand. Thank you.

His qualifiers are:
Less that $70k (without credits).
In production by end of 2016.

Arbitrary limits, and suspiciously just at the level that excludes Tesla.

The hypocrisy is amazing. He says "less than $70K" but then mentions a Cadillac that will be "priced near $70,000"
The 60kWh Model S is $71070 without credit, the best information on the Model X is that it will be priced similarily.
Why does the Cadillac warrant attention but the Tesla does not?

The hypocrisy is amazing. He says "less than $70K" but then mentions a Cadillac that will be "priced near $70,000"
The 60kWh Model S is $71070 without credit, the best information on the Model X is that it will be priced similarily.
Why does the Cadillac warrant attention but the Tesla does not?

He deliberately set the threshold to exclude Tesla. He has an agenda of some sort.