Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im looking at a P85+ order and just wanted some opinions. My center has a similarly equipped P85+ with low miles etc, but are asking 111K for it. I will get the miles / full specs tomorrow.

My question is, like typical cars doesn't the 2013/2014 change over do anything to value? I mean suppose I order one brand new for 115-118K, wouldn't that be a better buy for me later down the line, since its a 2014, even though
Tesla models don't really change with the year, doesn't it affect the value down the road?

Any help would be appreciated.

My question is, like typical cars doesn't the 2013/2014 change over do anything to value? I mean suppose I order one brand new for 115-118K, wouldn't that be a better buy for me later down the line, since its a 2014, even though
Tesla models don't really change with the year, doesn't it affect the value down the road?

If Tesla continues their current car year trend then I don't think it will matter later down the line.
Most people who will be interested in your tesla will know how Tesla does the car year thing.

The main difference is going to be getting exactly what you want or taking a discount and settling. Because Tesla implements any improvements in the car when they are ready, rather than waiting for a new model year, the car made today is marginally better than the car made yesterday.

Personally don't think it's worth it. I believe they deduct $1 per mile, so it's minimal in terms of savings unless they have a high mileage car. Either way, you're on the right track weening yourself off of the oil