Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Boston, MA <-> Charlotte, NC road trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cinergi

Sep 17, 2010
MA
Ok technically not Boston or Charlotte but close enough :)

In about 6 hours I'll be making my way down just past Charlotte and staying the week with my parents for Thanksgiving and returning the following Saturday. I'll be documenting what I can / remember to, and tweeting on the @TeslaRoadTrip account. I may or may not have car auto-tweeting and map tracking (lack of planning on my part) but I'll at least try to update as much as I can with pics and info and of course I'll be taking video and posting whatever makes sense later. I doubt I'll live stream unless there's a sensible reason to -- I'll have all my equipment with me.

Feel free to reply to my tweets or here with questions/suggestions about any portion of the trip. I'll be logging in while I'm charging...

The route's pretty obvious -- basically 90-84-95 (traffic permitting) until just after VA and veering west on 85, picking up the SC in Burlington, NC and then my destination is ~120 miles from there. Total trip should be around 850 miles.

OK, time to pack (LOL!) and take a nap.

i'm especially curious about the stretch between glen allen and Burlington. I'm not quite sure i can do that stretch in my 60 - would be very interested in how many miles of range you actually burn in that stretch. I may be doing that trip this week, but i'm probably more likely to have to swing through rocky mount even though it's out of the way.

Tempus

i'm especially curious about the stretch between glen allen and Burlington. I'm not quite sure i can do that stretch in my 60 - would be very interested in how many miles of range you actually burn in that stretch. I may be doing that trip this week, but i'm probably more likely to have to swing through rocky mount even though it's out of the way.

Tempus

I'll try to remember to take a pic of trip meter that leg. I keep forgetting to :-(

I'm just finished eating in Glenn Allen. 25 -> 174 miles in that time. Need to find some ice and then on my way once I have around 220 miles (shows 196).

I've been going well over 65 where I can and I'm pretty darn close to rated range numbers. Weather is good tho so no heat and whatnot. Been a little windy (mostly cross).

*sigh*
So this thread got moved to New England (I couldn't find it to come back here and answer someone's question)... 1) no mention of it in the thread 2) this isn't new-england specific 3) it's road-tripping, not regional

- - - Updated - - -

Tempus

photo (14).JPG

I was doing a few MPH above the limit for the most part...
As you can see, it would be stretching it even if you kept it at 65 with a full range charge.

- - - Updated - - -

Overall trip: 834 miles, 268.1 kWh, 321 Wh/mi
Still need to spend time writing up my blog.. been out of commission sick since I arrived :-(

Glad to hear you made it safe - would love to do a coast to coast trip myself!

"20-25 miles remaining at arrival “feels” good, though I’ve arrived with less than 10 on several occasions. "
Wasn't Mt Washington 6 miles rated range left? he he he