Page 338 of 338 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 3380

Thread: Tesla in Australia

God, Lily D'Ambrosio's speech was at least 5 minutes too long.

Some fun stuff. Nice to see the Tesla gear being sold locally now.

Plugged mine into the supercharger today and it's already fully charged (well, 90%).

Amazing stuff. Great vibe at the party.

Quote Originally Posted by r1nce View Post
    God, Lily D'Ambrosio's speech was at least 5 minutes too long.

Some fun stuff. Nice to see the Tesla gear being sold locally now.

Plugged mine into the supercharger today and it's already fully charged (well, 90%).

Amazing stuff. Great vibe at the party.
    What sort of volts and amps were you getting?
    From what SOC did you start?
    What spec is your Model S?
    lots of questions, hope you don't mind.

i will be travelling a long way to and from the supercharger, very interested to know capability. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by brewstermac View Post

i will be travelling a long way to and from the supercharger, very interested to know capability. Thanks.
    ~170-180A. Didn't really stick around to pay much attention, and didn't think to check the app too closely either.

Probably had just over 50% when I started.

S85 with a few options.

Quote Originally Posted by brewstermac View Post

I supercharged this morning around 8am (had a brekkie meeting next door), arrived with 190km range, left with 350km, all up about 1 hour.

When I got to the car it was charging at 70A @ 400V, giving me around 230km/hr. That's because there was a car charging next to me as well.

Sorry I wanted to say one more thing: for everyone who says "oh it's more convenient to go to a petrol station to fill up" - I challenge you to fill up your car with petrol while you're having a beautiful breakfast and coffee, and enjoying free parking...oh and free fuel.

Name:  2015-05-15 08.46.43.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  2.79 MB
    S85 Brown| Tan Leather | Obeche Wood Matte | Pano | 19" wheels | Tech | Air | Parking | High Fidelity Sound | Parcel Shelf

Well those SC spots are a LOT easier to get into than Sydney. It is really tight here, and in fact, the spots not yet open are even harder to get into because of the semicircular bulge of the shop window (now damaged for the second time). I hear they have made the decision to remodel and get rid of the "bulge".
    Signature red, S 85, with white upholstery, Black headliner and pano roof. Cyclone 19in wheels. All options except sub-zero.Red Devil. Rebuild confirmed on 3rd October, now in production since 9/10/14. Production finally complete as of 30/10/14 VIN 59510. Delivered 24/12/14

Other than the (mis)description of regenerative braking this is a good article on driving the Model S as an everyday car:

I drove a Tesla for routine tasks over two days, and it changed how I'll think about driving forever | Business Insider
    Signature 85kWh - Delivered 18 December 2014 / Blue / Black leather / +Pano, Subzero

10 charging stations go live in Australia

Tesla has started rolling out its destination chargers. So far ten are live across Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney.
    Tesla switches on 10 charging stations in Australia - PC World Australia

Hello all,

Planning a weekend away in the hunter valley and thought that there was somewhere up there that had a Tesla HPWC (either a hotel or vineyard?).

My searches have only showed up the Chargepoint charger at Crowne Plaza and that is about it.

I know technically I can probably just about make it there and back on one charge from Sydney, but didn't want to limit myself to not driving around whilst up there.

Can anyone recall if there was somewhere Tesla friendly up there or was I just dreaming?

Thanks.
    Signature 85kWh - Delivered 18 December 2014 / Blue / Black leather / +Pano, Subzero

Quote Originally Posted by TesAus View Post
    Hello all,

Planning a weekend away in the hunter valley and thought that there was somewhere up there that had a Tesla HPWC (either a hotel or vineyard?).

My searches have only showed up the Chargepoint charger at Crowne Plaza and that is about it.

I know technically I can probably just about make it there and back on one charge from Sydney, but didn't want to limit myself to not driving around whilst up there.

Can anyone recall if there was somewhere Tesla friendly up there or was I just dreaming?

Thanks.
    I thought that there were two operational at Petersons Champagne house - I haven't been yet though. If you have your UMC and can plug in overnight you'll get about 10km/h. Adding 80-100km overnight should help.
    S85, Pearl White, Pano, Tech, package, Black Leather/Lacewood, Air suspension , UHD Sound, dual chargers.

Just been up there. Petersons at mount view and at Savannah winery have 16 amp Tesla chargers functioning. Actually, we stayed at Cypress lakes, I asked reception and we simply used the UMC and a power point outside reception. Was plugged in all night, 12 hours plus over 2 nights and did use Crowne plaza for an hour and Petersons for an hour. When we left to come home had a 100% charge. Included all the running around we wanted to do. Easy peasy. The Petersons champagne house chargers may be functional now, but they were not up and running three weeks ago. Cypress lakes has golf carts. Overall, you just have to ask, and by and large the hotels will oblige.
    Signature red, S 85, with white upholstery, Black headliner and pano roof. Cyclone 19in wheels. All options except sub-zero.Red Devil. Rebuild confirmed on 3rd October, now in production since 9/10/14. Production finally complete as of 30/10/14 VIN 59510. Delivered 24/12/14

Page 338 of 338 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338

Thread Information