Page 226 of 226 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226
Results 2,251 to 2,255 of 2255

Thread: Tesla in Australia?

That's the irony, nobody else will want our coal but as long as the Coal-ition Government remains in power Australian Teslas will be predominantly coal powered. Do Tesla source the Supercharger power from renewables?
    regards
    Michael
    ...wishin' and hoping' for an S85

Quote Originally Posted by Gabz View Post
    what do you mean thanks to Tesla coal has a future in this country. I keep telling my miner friends if they don't start driving tesla and using that sweet sweet coal to drive they won't have a job it will be given to some bloke in WA on a oil rig or even worse the middle east.
    For me, it's a no-brainer ! Every roof in the country could be its own 'power station', & with Elon's, Solar City's (& others') batteries, providing storage, the coal industry's 'black hole' will just get bigger. And with some luck, the current PM will get swallowed up too !

Quote Originally Posted by Gabz View Post
    what do you mean thanks to Tesla coal has a future in this country. I keep telling my miner friends if they don't start driving tesla and using that sweet sweet coal to drive they won't have a job it will be given to some bloke in WA on a oil rig or even worse the middle east.
    Ironic isn't it. That seemed to be changing...at least up until about a year ago.

Name:  Australian Electricity Generation.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  151.2 KB
    Name:  oecd renewables.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  146.0 KB
    OECD electricity from renewables

Name:  oecd renewables per capita.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  108.4 KB
    OECD electricity from renewables per capita

Source Wolfram Alpha
    Last edited by WhiteStar; 2014-10-18 at 05:50 AM.

Ugh, why is our PM such an idiot? On a related note, does anyone know where I can get some money to invest in renewables before the inevitable spike in their value? :P

Tesla in Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by Dborn View Post
    Have checked out number 10 Herbert street St Leonards. There is significant activity at the site. The for rent banners are largely down. There are lots of large diameter conduit pipes stacked up. The property was a Mitsubishi dealership. It measures 70 m by 170m the larger side is the entrance by car and is from Frederick street. I would have thought this far too big for Tesla, but maybe they are planning huge things here! No Tesla signage as yet. It is quite a long way from being ready for anything though. I will check it out again next week. Happen to have cause to go by there today and again next week. It is on my way to Royal North Shore hospital.
    I finally had time to take a look at the site today and its location (mainly at my wife's insistence). While I'm in the eastern suburbs and would have liked the previous plans for an Alexandria location, this St Leonard's location is awesome. kudos to whoever found it. Just off the M2, easy to get back on M2, etc. An ideal place to start to service greater Sydney. It seems there are some interesting shops to pass the time in with Bunnings nearby, cafes, etc.

I also noticed some test spots of Tesla colours up on the internal wall - red, grey, black. The Herbert st store entrance also had a red overhang. No idea if that is new or not but hard to imagine that isn't their site.

Good progress. A good PM could have that site up in as little as two weeks now tho I suspect they won't and don't need to go that fast.

Thread Information