Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bangor Maine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsm363

Roadster + Sig Model S
May 17, 2009
Nevada
Any Bangor, Maine Tesla people out there? Headed there soon (flying unfortunately) but thought I'd check to see if any Tesla meet ups were happening soon. Will be mostly in Bar Harbor area.

Last edited:
I haven't seen one here, but I'm in Central Maine. Maine's overall a low-income, high-tax state, so don't expect to see many. The money's on the milder coast, but with Portland to Bar Harbor being 157 miles one way taking US-1 I don't think there'll be many takers there. To add to the fun, when you combine sales and excise taxes you pay 7.4% up front and 4.75% over the next 4 years.

According to the Muskian Calendar, you won't see the Southern (Kennebunkport/South Portland) Supercharger until this winter and you won't see the Northern (Bangor) Supercharger until 2015. I think we'd get them even if our 551,601 households don't buy a single Model S, because Maine's a summer-home state and Bar Harbor is such a significant destination.

August 3rd run up Mt Washington? It's "only" 3 hours SSW from me so I'd be tempted to park by the Model S group and beg a ride up and down, but ironically we'll probably be going for lobster in Trenton and mini-golf on Mt Desert Island.

I will be visiting family in Bar Harbor over Labor Day. I haven't heard about any Tesla sitings on MDI yet. I'll ask when I am up there.

However, I will be in Austin next weekend. So if you are out of town DSM, you could just leave the keys to the Sig for me :tongue:

I have seen one Model S in cape elizabeth which is in southern maine near portland
a fellow volt owner has model X on order for his wife. As noted summer crowd at Bar Harbor and Kennebunkport (President Bush hangout) draws a lot of Philly NYC Boston vacationers who would love to drive their Teslas.

The first Tesla maps did not show any in Maine so I am excited to see a few planned!!

I was in Ogunquit a few weeks ago. Long story but flew into Boston and drove up. Then we drove back to Virginia (in one day, long drive.) If there had been super chargers the entire way we would have driven the Tesla in both directions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Eda

maybe it was your ride that I saw but I thought it was black model S?
There is 240 charger at Revision energy (solar co) if that helps
Glad to hear Nissan helped you out!

Tom

I knew about Revision but thought the Nissan dealer might be in a better neighborhood to leave the car overnight.
The blue looks very dark unless in direct sunlight.

I just got back from visiting family in Bar Harbor. I one of my cousins told me he saw a black Model S in Northeast Harbor earlier this summer, but that was a one time event. Outside of him, I am not sure the rest of my family would know what a Tesla looked like.

I am originally from NE. My brother and a few of his business friends are waiting to place their model S/X orders once there is an SC in place. He reports no S sightings in the Portland,ME area so far..only sees them when he travels to Boston.

I am originally from NE. My brother and a few of his business friends are waiting to place their model S/X orders once there is an SC in place. He reports no S sightings in the Portland,ME area so far..only sees them when he travels to Boston.

This summer there have been two MSs on the Bristol peninsula: my green and a white with pano. But I've seen no others and don't know of any MSs further down east (based on my wiki map). A real shame because driving the MS in Maine is great--winding open roads and lots to do in 120-mile radius. The planned SCs will be great additions.