Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cubby under the touch screen - Size, delivery, etc.

Cubby is an item on punch list for any and all who don't have it according to Service Manager at Tesla, Menlo Park. They are a 2 minute retrofit. I had mine installed a week ago along with a few other punch list items (No Parcel Cover yet, grrr.). Note that it is ONLY a cubby and doesn't include a replacement for the carpeting in the center area...I thought part of the Cubby install was to include a CF or equivalent runner for the center area. Not the case. If you didn't formally add it to your punch list when you got your Model S, contact your Service Manager so they can get it for you.

I would contact your local Service Site to make sure they set one aside for you and install at your convenience.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by jd3 View Post
    They are a 2 minute retrofit. I had mine installed a week ago along with a few other punch list items (No Parcel Cover yet, grrr.).
    Did you see them do the installation. How does it attach?

Items for Sale

The cubby up-close and personal

While I was at the Tesla store in DC I took a bit more care with the measurements of the cubby and also took a few photos. It's 5 1/2 inches deep, 8 3/4 inches wide, and 1 7/8 inches high. These measurements are important as I continue with my work on the control panel for the Passport 8500 and Blinder 905 laser jammer I'm going to mount in the cubby. I'm ordering a spare from Tesla so I can have it all ready and perfectly fit by the time my multi-coat red P85 arrives in April/May.

Name:  DSC_2391_1.JPG
Views: 749
Size:  40.1 KB

Name:  DSC_2392_1.JPG
Views: 779
Size:  28.0 KB

Is the cubby an option? I thought it was standard equipment for every Model S.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by montgom626 View Post
    It is standard, but a number of cars have been delivered without it. Tesla is shipping and installing them after the fact in those cases. I need a spare so I can work on my project and get it right in time for delivery. But given that Tesla is catching up with supply these I may have to wait for a while.

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by montgom626 View Post
    I believe it is standard but many cars made it out of the factory without it like mine. I guess I could refuse to have it installed but think I'll get it. Do the people who have it like having it there?
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by dsm363 View Post
    I believe it is standard but many cars made it out of the factory without it like mine. I guess I could refuse to have it installed but think I'll get it. Do the people who have it like having it there?
    Considering the total lack of an enclosed space short of the glove box, it's a godsend ....
    Hello, I'm Sig 957!
    VIN 748

I think that cubby is different than mine. There is wood in that center console and I think the cubby has a different bottom..hmmm

aha..yep
    Name:  DSC006461.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  159.4 KB
    maybe the sig one is trimmed different?
    Last edited by Zextraterrestrial; 2012-12-17 at 05:52 PM.
    - 'Joules' 12/1/12 - 28550mi @ 368Whr/mi Zextraterrestials S (tory)

Items for Sale
    Looks the same to me and the bottom is certainly the same. The camera angles make it look different, and to shoot it a wide angle lens is necessary, which of course creates distortions in the image. Shot my photos with a 18mm wide angle.

Does anyone know how the cubby is attached? I would like to remove mine. Personally I think it looks a bit cheap since it is mounted at an angle.

Thread Information