Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.14.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a week into this latest 2024.14.6 update in. Y M3P and overall I don't like it.
Screen more difficult to navigate for audio and feels a little more laggy.... 2021 Intel chip.
Bluetooth audio doesn't auto play all the time.
Half the new layout controls are on the passenger side of the screen so unsafe to use when driving.
It feels like they tried to do too much in 1 go.
I didn't even think the audio layout needed fixed.
Oh... Wipers and headlights now switch on even if it cloudy.

I'm a week into this latest 2024.14.6 update in. Y M3P and overall I don't like it.
Screen more difficult to navigate for audio and feels a little more laggy.... 2021 Intel chip.
Bluetooth audio doesn't auto play all the time.
Half the new layout controls are on the passenger side of the screen so unsafe to use when driving.
It feels like they tried to do too much in 1 go.
I didn't even think the audio layout needed fixed.
Oh... Wipers and headlights now switch on even if it cloudy.
perform a soft reset of the vehicle and see if that fixes any of these issues. they usually recommend a soft reset after every update.

Finally had a drive on 2024.14.6 (Atom).

Nice to see oncoming cars rendered again - they disappeared a long time ago for no apparent reason.

Echoing previous comments that a load more things are shown in the visualisation. Interesting to see everything the car sees.

Indicators and brake lights are hard to discern on the visualisation, but fortunately I have my eyes for that. Interesting that the car sees them though.

No full screen visualisation available as expected on Atom, even having the FSD option. Perhaps for the best because it is a bit choppy in just the normal 1/3 screen area.

Feeling Ryzen resentment again. :) I'd be more inclined to pay for a retrofit (if one were available) than to buy another M3P at the moment. Going to wait until the mid-cycle refresh to see if there are any improvements (e.g. front facing camera, Quicksilver & Midnight Cherry Red paint options, maybe Tesla might find that 50bhp missing from the Euro version).

Feeling Ryzen resentment again. :) I'd be more inclined to pay for a retrofit (if one were available) than to buy another M3P at the moment. Going to wait until the mid-cycle refresh to see if there are any improvements (e.g. front facing camera, Quicksilver & Midnight Cherry Red paint options, maybe Tesla might find that 50bhp missing from the Euro version).
Isn't the 'missing' 50bhp just a function of how it is measured/reported in US v EU? Seem to recall there was some debate about sustained v peak, etc being part of the difference in quoted stats?

(Apologies if it's just meant as humour/sarcasm - clearly passed me by if it was)

Isn't the 'missing' 50bhp just a function of how it is measured/reported in US v EU? Seem to recall there was some debate about sustained v peak, etc being part of the difference in quoted stats?

(Apologies if it's just meant as humour/sarcasm - clearly passed me by if it was)
Don't think so. Different batteries in the Shanghai car (LG) vs US (Panasonic). This is how it qualifies for the tax credit they get, I think. The Panasonic battery has more capacity, and hence more power. The LG battery is lighter.

0-60 is quoted as the same for both cars (after rollout). No idea where this extra 50bhp manifests but one would presume it makes its presence known somewhere.

Finally had a drive on 2024.14.6 (Atom).

Nice to see oncoming cars rendered again - they disappeared a long time ago for no apparent reason.

Echoing previous comments that a load more things are shown in the visualisation. Interesting to see everything the car sees.

Indicators and brake lights are hard to discern on the visualisation, but fortunately I have my eyes for that. Interesting that the car sees them though.

No full screen visualisation available as expected on Atom, even having the FSD option. Perhaps for the best because it is a bit choppy in just the normal 1/3 screen area.

Yeah I thought about the M3P vs LR when I ordered. Waited until it was announced but then in the end went LR. Was the seats (Unsure how tight the side bolsters), wheels (Really wanted 19’s, strangely they do this in China) and range (Dropped and not improved). I did consider option to put 18’s on it but now they are staggered will likely need to see what’s available. In the end not worth chancing it so went LR. Off topic but I think in 1 - 2 years it’ll have a new battery.

Reactions: Durzel
We’re away in the motorhome for a few months at the moment, leaving the cars at home. Last week I checked remotely and had one of the 2024.14 updates (can’t remember which one) waiting for my legacy MX but I didn’t initiate the download. Checked again today (don’t like to keep waking the car up) and the update seems to have disappeared. I’m not too concerned as I won’t be using the car for a while but has anybody else have something like this happen?

Reactions: exlatccatsa
I’ll admit I’ve scrolled through a few pages as I’ve been busy and all that, but just adding the disclaimer in case this has already been mentioned and I’ve missed it…

With 2024.14.6, has anyone had issues with the powered boot? Yesterday, our boot flat out refused to open. The cinch motor unlatched, but the powered strut was completed dead and the boot wouldn’t open. Got a couple of beeps when trying to open. Pressing the open button on the boot again would cause it to re-latch, again with some beeps. Tried a two button reset, no change. I’ve checked it today and it’s back to normal.

Is my strut (replaced back in September) on its way out or is there a software glitch?

Looks like the 2024.14.7 downloads have started to ramp , so not too long now … 🤞

Attachments

• IMG_1024.jpeg
    IMG_1024.jpeg
    384.5 KB · Views: 6
With 2024.14.6, has anyone had issues with the powered boot? Yesterday, our boot flat out refused to open. The cinch motor unlatched, but the powered strut was completed dead and the boot wouldn’t open. Got a couple of beeps when trying to open. Pressing the open button on the boot again would cause it to re-latch, again with some beeps. Tried a two button reset, no change. I’ve checked it today and it’s back to normal.

Is my strut (replaced back in September) on its way out or is there a software glitch?
My boot strut started playing up a week after 2024.14.3 was installed but I can't imagine it was software related. It was doing the same thing you describe, as well as grinding/metal-on-metal noise coming from it when it eventually opened after some gentle persuasion. Just had it replaced under warranty this morning by mobile service.

I’ll admit I’ve scrolled through a few pages as I’ve been busy and all that, but just adding the disclaimer in case this has already been mentioned and I’ve missed it…

Was it hot when you tried to open it?

I’ve noticed my aftermarket powered boot seems more laboured in hot weather.