Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Performance Announced - Discussion thread post announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couldn't do much in fear of getting pulled over, but did an acceleration from around 50km/h to 110km/h. Didn't detect any drop off in acceleration up to that speed, the problem was it covers that gap in nothing, it felt instant probably due to the fact my insides moved from my front to back – it is mind blowingly fast. (I had a 2019 performance 3 and it was definitely noticeable faster both on 0-100 and the 50-110).

Suspension felt fine – definitely not as harsh as old model 3 performance. Didn't really have the opportunity to try out the different modes on the public roads but I reckon it would be awesome on a track day. The seats are brilliant, the bolster is crazy good, you don't have that lateral movement you had with the old M3P, the seats are a huge improvement.
Was this in brisbane in a blue one?

Just so you're aware, the long range model S traps 130mph in the 1/4. It would pull bus lengths on the "old" M3P from a 60mph roll race.... I HIGHLY doubt the new model 3 will have its top end improved THAT much. People focus on the plaid but forget how fast the standard long range S is - primarily because people focus on 0-60 and forget about the trap speed of a 1/4 mile.
that’s good to know, all this while I thought the model S Lr was slow after 60 lol

Just so you're aware, the long range model S traps 130mph in the 1/4. It would pull bus lengths on the "old" M3P from a 60mph roll race.... I HIGHLY doubt the new model 3 will have its top end improved THAT much. People focus on the plaid but forget how fast the standard long range S is - primarily because people focus on 0-60 and forget about the trap speed of a 1/4 mile.
Model S Long Rang + traps at 115mph. The bigger battery definitely pulls harder at speed but there's no need to stretch the facts. I don't want to play draggy games. I am going by published drag strip slips from reputable tracks (i.e. not down hill).

Model S Long Rang + traps at 115mph. The bigger battery definitely pulls harder at speed but there's no need to stretch the facts. I don't want to play draggy games. I am going by published drag strip slips from reputable tracks (i.e. not down hill).
The 2021 and later Long Range traps 130. Draggy is just as valid as as a drag strip. If the slope is outside 1% the results are invalid.

The 2021 and later Long Range traps 130. Draggy is just as valid as as a drag strip. If the slope is outside 1% the results are invalid.
Again, 115 on slips at tracks. Whomever thinks that Draggy is as legit as a track slip is FUNNY. FUNNY. I can manipulate so many things on draggy, INCLUDING the trim of the car. If they are both legit then why do slips PUBLISH 115? Google it even. Teslas are EXTREMELY consistent, so this BS about a "dude" with a super powerful one is a joke too. Drag racing has been around for DECADES. Street racing is BS in comparison to controlled conditions.

Again, 115 on slips at tracks. Whomever thinks that Draggy is as legit as a track slip is FUNNY. FUNNY. I can manipulate so many things on draggy, INCLUDING the trim of the car. If they are both legit then why do slips PUBLISH 115? Google it even. Teslas are EXTREMELY consistent, so this BS about a "dude" with a super powerful one is a joke too. Drag racing has been around for DECADES. Street racing is BS in comparison to controlled conditions.

Please. A simple search on Youtube yields multiple instances of it trapping around 129mph in the 10.8 range. It will runaway from the M3P because it simply has a more capable battery.

So how are you discounting every YouTube video that showing every model S long range trapping 130. I’m trapping over 100 miles an hour in the 8th mile on no prep at pikes peak in mine explain to me how I would only gain 12 miles an hour between the 8th mile and a quarter mile

I run the Dragy for every track run. Tracks are typically accurate for time but trap speed is rarely correct.

Same pass and everything lines up except the trap speed. The old Model 3 Performance can’t do almost 123 mph in the 1/4 mile. That just isn’t possible.

IMG_5479.jpeg
IMG_5480.png

It’s verified 130 on drag strips. You’re most likely seeing numbers from before the refresh.

Even if skeptical of dragy (which I am when we’re arguing about tenths of a second), the trap speed is not going to be inflated by 15 mph.

Please. A simple search on Youtube yields multiple instances of it trapping around 129mph in the 10.8 range. It will runaway from the M3P because it simply has a more capable battery.

Again, I don't disagree about it leaving an MP3, but that isn't say
I run the Dragy for every track run. Tracks are typically accurate for time but trap speed is rarely correct.

Same pass and everything lines up except the trap speed. The old Model 3 Performance can’t do almost 123 mph in the 1/4 mile. That just isn’t possible.

View attachment 1045747

So how are you discounting every YouTube video that showing every model S long range trapping 130. I’m trapping over 100 miles an hour in the 8th mile on no prep at pikes peak in mine explain to me how I would only gain 12 miles an hour between the 8th mile and a quarter mile

Post a single strip. This is such BS.

View attachment 1045747View attachment 1045748
122 is closer to the 115 that I quoted vs the 130 that you're defending. I never said the MP3 was as fast. I said the S LR is NOT 130. PERIOD.

• Funny
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
It’s verified 130 on drag strips. You’re most likely seeing numbers from before the refresh.

Even if skeptical of dragy (which I am when we’re arguing about tenths of a second), the trap speed is not going to be inflated by 15 mph.
No, I am talking about drag slips from race tracks that I go to. Again, this isn't new. I have been going to tracks since 2005. trap speeds don't lie. But they don't grow either.

• Disagree
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Yes trap speeds don’t lie. And the trap speed is 130. You’re either seeing pre refresh cars or those guys aren’t using the car in insane or drag strip modes.
You're saying the one posted on this thread is a lie? You can't post a SINGLE slip that shows 130. Let's just let it go. Enjoy your car and your numbers. life is short. Why not put a Plaid badge on it? You're basically the same.

You're saying the one posted on this thread is a lie? You can't post a SINGLE slip that shows 130. Let's just let it go. Enjoy your car and your numbers. life is short. Why not put a Plaid badge on it? You're basically the same.

What are you talking about? The Youtube video poster clearly showed every digital timeslip he ran. Example below. He's clearly running 10.85 at 128mph. He has multiple timeslips he shows throughout the video and its similar times. Drag Times clearly runs the same times as this guy. You are completely wrong on this.

1715301717593.png