Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This day in 2020 (15th May)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dilly

Feb 24, 2020
Norfolk
My iPad popped up a photo reminder this morning.

It was the first day since the car arrived on day one of lockdown one that we were able to venture out further afield
We had a celebratory picnic at Elveden supercharger in the sunshine with our less than two month old car with 293 miles on the clock. (112 of those were delivery mileage!)

Unlike today, it was also warm and sunny… 😂
IMG_4751.jpeg

I drove my father to visit his sister in her 80s just ahead of the announced lockdown, suspecting it would be many months before that might be possible again. Annoyingly managed to scrape my front-left fender against a low wall on arrival while reverse parking in heart-breaking silence, which made for problematic body shop consequence with result of being away from vehicle for nearly 6 weeks!

Reactions: Dilly
I was scheduled to start a new job 1st day of the lockdown. I asked my new employer if they wanted to delay my start date a week or two until this Covid thing is over…

Lockdown day 1. Drove to the office to pick up my laptop where one person was waiting for me. It was like the freeway was closed and I didn’t get the memo.

I became a click and collect supermarket shopper for various members of the family throughout those lockdowns as my only excuse to use the first Tesla & I still remember the open mouthed incredulity of an older lady watching me loading my bags into the 'engine' at Asda.

I still do all 'our' shopping, it's stayed as one of 'my' tasks & strangely enough we no longer have an excess of unused lotions, creams, shampoos, conditioners & other accumulated beautifications.

I became a click and collect supermarket shopper for various members of the family throughout those lockdowns as my only excuse to use the first Tesla & I still remember the open mouthed incredulity of an older lady watching me loading my bags into the 'engine' at Asda.

I still do all 'our' shopping, it's stayed as one of 'my' tasks & strangely enough we no longer have an excess of unused lotions, creams, shampoos, conditioners & other accumulated beautifications.
But still have about 30 years more supply of toilet paper? ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Drew57 and Dilly
I have the joy of being clinically vulnerable so was in total isolation until late July (?). When I finally got back in my car (Hyundai Ioniq at the time) I sat there for a quite a while trying to remember which button did what…. I guess I wouldn’t have that problem now 😉

• Funny
Reactions: Dilly