Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just spent the last 4 hours working it all out. Don't have latest software update yet, spent 15 mins trying to open boot by standing near it, didn't work. After all the fumbling around the screen I don't think I have stuffed much up.
I did the same. With a little bit of Google and YouTube you master it pretty quickly.

When the software update becomes available, don’t start it if you need to go anywhere soon. It says 30 minutes, but mine took about 45.

Well, I got another call from Tesla today. But this time good news, my car is ready and am picking it up at 2:30, woohoo
Congrats! I got a text this morning telling me mine was ready a day early so I quietly left work and picked it up about an hour after you. I've finally stopped driving it about 20 minutes ago and only because I was starving.

What a car.

Just spent the last 4 hours working it all out. Don't have latest software update yet, spent 15 mins trying to open boot by standing near it, didn't work.
you’ll need the latest software and update your iPhone phone key (Via the Tesla app).

I turned the boot open thing back off, it’s a bit annoying when you walk past.
I’ll try and remember to turn it on when I go to the shops instead.

Did you figure this out? I’ve not been able to get the auto boot open option to even appear in my menu. Using an iPhone 14 Pro Max. No speed cameras yet either.

And congrats!
I did a software update from .3 to .9 it states speed camera a.d boot. But not sure about speed cameras but I have a feeling even though my samsung has uwb it won't talk to the car cos it's Korean, a.d not an almighty US of A iphone. Has anyone been able to get their android to open boot when they stand near it. Oh and my calibration hasn't completed yet. Looks like a 11km drive wasn't enough

Reactions: dronus
I did a software update from .3 to .9 it states speed camera a.d boot. But not sure about speed cameras but I have a feeling even though my samsung has uwb it won't talk to the car cos it's Korean, a.d not an almighty US of A iphone. Has anyone been able to get their android to open boot when they stand near it. Oh and my calibration hasn't completed yet. Looks like a 11km drive wasn't enough
UWB is not enabled on android with Tesla yet.
You’ll need to be navigating to see speed cameras and the latest software (and an iPhone) for boot action

you’ll need the latest software and update your iPhone phone key (Via the Tesla app).

I turned the boot open thing back off, it’s a bit annoying when you walk past.
I’ll try and remember to turn it on when I go to the shops instead.
What do you mean by phone key? Like the actually phone iOS version? My car is on 2024.8.9.

Ahhh so if we haven’t got a destination set, speed cameras don’t show up? I’ve just been driving in circles without nav setup. I did turn on the live map setting.

Reactions: dronus
What do you mean by phone key? Like the actually phone iOS version? My car is on 2024.8.9.

Ahhh so if we haven’t got a destination set, speed cameras don’t show up? I’ve just been driving in circles without nav setup. I did turn on the live map setting.
In the Tesla app on your phone look for the bit where it says to upgrade the phone key, not sure if android has it but iPhone does.

Yeah you need to be navigating to a destination to see speed cameras and the latest version to hear the chime and use average speed camera point to point.
IMG_0510.jpeg