Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which Steam Deck should I play?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ken830

Model S 85, Model 3 Performance, Model X LongRange
Jun 19, 2012
San Carlos, CA
1st World Problem: Which Steam Deck should I play?
Also: Is it odd that the Steam Deck's contour perfectly matches the Tesla's center console and sits perfectly on it?

More 1st world problems: Now if only it would work with Xbox controllers over Bluetooth. And if it would allow Steam to run on the rear screen (and while driving). And allow streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones. And allow me to install non-Steam games like on my real Deck.

PXL_20221222_093446331.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20221222_093718112.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20221222_093748497.NIGHT.jpg

Reactions: JBT66
1st World Problem: Which Steam Deck should I play?
Also: Is it odd that the Steam Deck's contour perfectly matches the Tesla's center console and sits perfectly on it?

More 1st world problems: Now if only it would work with Xbox controllers over Bluetooth. And if it would allow Steam to run on the rear screen (and while driving). And allow streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones. And allow me to install non-Steam games like on my real Deck.

View attachment 888409View attachment 888410View attachment 888411
It’s not windows. It will never run non steam games.

Bluetooth controllers work for those with the necessary equipment installed.

It’s not windows. It will never run non steam games.

Bluetooth controllers work for those with the necessary equipment installed.
Umm. I've been running non-Steam games on my Steam Deck for a while now. Proton is an amazing gift to the gaming community.

The car just won't pair with XBox controllers, but it does work with my PS5 Dualsense controllers.

Umm. I've been running non-Steam games on my Steam Deck for a while now. Proton is an amazing gift to the gaming community.

The car just won't pair with XBox controllers, but it does work with my PS5 Dualsense controllers.
Steam on your car is not ever going to play non steam games. Steam deck is a computer dedicated to gaming. Your car isn’t. It’s not windows based.

Steam on your car is not ever going to play non steam games. Steam deck is a computer dedicated to gaming. Your car isn’t. It’s not windows based.
I don't ever expect non-Steam games to run. But your reasoning that it will never happen because "it's not windows based" is fully inaccurate because the Steam Deck is also Linux-based and runs Windows games fine. In fact, for nearly everyone, it pretty much only runs Windows games -- Steam or Non-Steam...