Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What type of cleaner/conditioner do you use on a black interior door panel sections?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
How do you keep your black interior door panels looking good? Mine always seem to attract dust or something that makes them look a bit dirty.

Do you use any specific cleaner/conditioner - sort of an equivalent to what you may apply to your tires to make them look black and nicer. Just looking for something that someone else with a Black interior model S has tried and is satisfied with.

303 Aerospace protectant is pretty good. It’s the least shiny protectant I’ve found. Having said that, I don’t use it on my interior as I’m not a fan of any shininess at all. However, I use the 303 multi purpose cleaner to clean up all the interior scuffs and stains.

Reactions: SilverGS
Damp towel and a bit of diluted Simple Green works great to remove any dirt, grease, etc. without leaving any chemicals or residue. PS-lemon variety smells better. Good for the dash and non-leather seats too.

For us leather folks. Mine is 2017 S and has leather on door. I have used:

Cleaner, Conditioner/Protector Quart Bundle — The Leather Institute

I stumbled upon it here from another member. I also ran into it from a company that gets jets interiors ready for auction/sale.
Figured what the heck. Very satisfied. Use it as a combo 3 to 4 times a year.

Reactions: SilverGS
I second the COSTCO microfiber for the vinyl black interior bits. Recently tried Meguirs Interior detailer, seems to work with no side effects to date. Reason being it states "Safe for all surfaces"
I have also been using it on the second Gen leather seats.