Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MBLY IPO'd about a year ago so here is a comparison of TSLA vs MBLY & AMBA (3 stocks most discussed this week)
Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 3.45.01 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 1.48.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 1.48.04 PM.png
    170.6 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
It's AMBA that is up 328%, for others who couldn't tell the reds apart. DANG! That is a heck of a chart. Does that mean MBLY is about to take that trajectory?

Sorry about both being red, I uploaded a new chart.

I keep moving up my AMBA stop loss triggers currently at $108.75, (been thru plenty of parabolic moon shots & returns) so I am ready to start trimming some of my shares.

I am not predicting MBLY will tripple in the next year, short term a break above $52.5 might get it back to ~$60.

I just took a moderate-sized position in Gentex - GNTX. They dominated the first generation of smart auto mirrors - autochromic ones - and continue to bring out new smart mirrors, like ones that switch from mirror to full camera display (up to 160º view). They also have a foothold in auto-dimming headlights, but with a system that does not meet the antediluvian NTSB requirements for USA vehicles.
Gentex throws off gobsmacking amounts of free cash flow; has a handsome dividend, and is still run by its founder Fred Bauer, who now is 72. We took a good position in the early 1990s and it did very well for us; I hadn't thought about it much at all until this past weekend when it made this forum in the Model X Mule threads.

I just took a moderate-sized position in Gentex - GNTX. They dominated the first generation of smart auto mirrors - autochromic ones - and continue to bring out new smart mirrors, like ones that switch from mirror to full camera display (up to 160º view). They also have a foothold in auto-dimming headlights, but with a system that does not meet the antediluvian NTSB requirements for USA vehicles.
Gentex throws off gobsmacking amounts of free cash flow; has a handsome dividend, and is still run by its founder Fred Bauer, who now is 72. We took a good position in the early 1990s and it did very well for us; I hadn't thought about it much at all until this past weekend when it made this forum in the Model X Mule threads.

Very cool. Are you meaning to say that you did have a position, which you now have increased? If so may I ask how much did you increase it (20%? Double? x100)?

No. For decades before I became an Alaskan Bush Rat, I was an institutional investor - global equities. A rather different life; but then again, I've had several.

With MBLY currently trading at $53.04, there are only nine days at which it ever has closed higher - back in late Sept to early Oct. Very nice, strong movement. Our position there has gone a very long way towards erasing all our losses in G**T

Possibly decent play, but quite risky. TWTR is an acquisition target unless new CEO rights the ship.

Who would buy? Mainstream media keeps saying there are tons of buyers for it.

Why would Google want Twitter? They already inked a deal to show tweets in their search engine. Apple? Come on.

Twitter's two co-founders (Williams & Stone) rejected a $500M offer by Zuck in 2008. From Facebook's perspective, they could 'easily build products that moved further in Twitter's direction'; Zuck was basically saying sell to us, or we'll clone your product. Which.. essentially, they sort of did.

Twitter seems sorta stuck @ 300M users. They act like major changes don't need to be made. I'd say video ads are unnatural for Twitter, and they don't nearly have the ad targeting ability of FB.

Who would buy? Mainstream media keeps saying there are tons of buyers for it.

Why would Google want Twitter? They already inked a deal to show tweets in their search engine. Apple? Come on.

Twitter's two co-founders (Williams & Stone) rejected a $500M offer by Zuck in 2008. From Facebook's perspective, they could 'easily build products that moved further in Twitter's direction'; Zuck was basically saying sell to us, or we'll clone your product. Which.. essentially, they sort of did.

Twitter seems sorta stuck @ 300M users. They act like major changes don't need to be made. I'd say video ads are unnatural for Twitter, and they don't nearly have the ad targeting ability of FB.

M&A is driving much of this market. Not saying TWTR is a target because it makes sense fundamentally, but because 1) it could be argued it is cheap given outgoing CEO's missteps, and 2) both buyer and bought companies have been raking in share price gains in the markets when they announce a sale in this near-free corporate debt environment.