Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Twitter app coming to your car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DanCar

Oct 2, 2013
SF Bay Area
Quote: We will make an app allowing you to see the latest from X on your car screen
screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2023.08.29-15_19_15.png

Could I get Prime Video and Max before (the not so family friendly sounding) "x videos"?

Though, if they really integrated things, it would be neat to be able to instantly tweet dashcam footage of something odd I just saw on the highway. Some folks (not me) might even want to live stream using the interior camera.

• Funny
Reactions: DanCar
Would rather have the sirisxm app like my iphone has so that I can use sirius in the car without having to bluetooth it.

Twitter is a cancer and I will never use that app.
X/Twitter addition will be something a lot of people like, but it registers in ZFG territory for me.

I agree the SXM app would be more desirable, since I'm already paying thru my wife's ICE subscription, I could add my 3 for $5/mo or whatever they're charging now to add streaming access.

• Love
Reactions: EatsShoots
Elon Musk is merging two of his ventures. Soon, you will be able to access the latest updates from his social media company, X, in your Tesla. The owner of X and CEO of Tesla has announced plans to create an official X app for Tesla.

A Curious Question​

An X user, Jenny, found herself locked out of the gym and decided to kill time in her Tesla. She asked, “This might be a dumb question. How do you watch X videos on a Tesla?” It turns out there is no such thing as a dumb question because Musk responded, “We will make an app allowing you to see the latest from X on your car screen.”

That’s about all the details we have, so let’s read between the lines. The app would likely be added to Tesla Theater, appearing alongside Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, YouTube, Twitch, and TikTok. It seems that the X app for Tesla would be more video-based than the mobile and desktop versions, which contain a lot of text posts. Does anyone want to sit in their Tesla and read X posts? Maybe, but it’s more likely people are looking for video content.