Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The anti-Tesla EV lovers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chill mode
I just updated my post above. The chill mode never mentioned, brake control (available at least in some SW versions on some vehicles) have never been mentioned.
1715741693753.png

My guess is that Ed Kim has some real wet sexual fantasies about Teslas.

• Funny
Reactions: SO16
Also, such idiotic stories potentially sponsored by some other auto manufacturers surely affect the perception of Tesla.
Brief summary: EVs can make you sick, Tesla is especially bad in it, but Hyundai and GM are much better. The references to Tesla Chill Mode and Reg Braking control are completely missing from the article.
When I first saw the article, I though it is about Ford Mach-E because its non-top versions have really bouncy suspension and a lot of people complained about getting sick in them. Nah, it's all about Tesla - the worst offender.

How are any of those options cheaper than a car you already have?

Unless you live in a disaster prone area, most of the time power goes out for less than a day and maybe a couple times a year at most. A fully charged EV battery can fully power a home for several days continuously. Less than a day of backup power is of little consequence on the EV battery especially if you limit/manage your electrical loads.

V2H would definitely be sufficient for many people. It’s more of a “better than nothing” solution for temporary emergency use than something meant to be used regularly. If you frequently have prolonged outages then yes more permanent solution would be ideal.

V2G would also support virtual power plants like a powerwall would for grid load balancing. It will draw from your car as needed during peak loads and then it will recharge overnight when there’s less demand. Obviously this would only work when the car is at home and plugged in during such times but again, better than nothing and every bit helps. And doesn’t require someone to spend $10-20k+ for a battery system.
I’m in one of those areas with trees and wind- I lose power 0-4 times a year for 0.5-3 days at a time. Last one was 2 weeks ago for about 30 hours. I have to use a genset while looking at my MX sitting there doing nothing; I won’t buy another vehicle without at least V2L, preferably also V2H.
I’ve had to siphon gas from my skiff to run the genset, it would be a lot cleaner just taking the energy from my EV.

Last edited:
I’m in one of those areas with trees and wind- I lose power 0-4 times a year for 0.5-3 days at a time. Last one was 2 weeks ago for about 30 hours. I have to use a genset while looking at my MX sitting there doing nothing; I won’t buy another vehicle without at least V2L, preferably also V2H.
I’ve had to siphon gas from my skiff to run the genset, it would be a lot cleaner just taking the energy from my EV.
I think that F-150 EV already can be used for V2H, but I wonder for how long will it last realistically.
Last year storms in our area happened in summer and disabled power for up to 2 weeks in some neighborhoods. The main problem was not light or keeping fridge running, but it was to keep the AC running. On average summer day, our house uses 60-80 kWh, so the EV power would not last much longer than one day anyway. Maybe eventually we have 2 V2H capable cars and we can supercharge them daily alternating them as the source of house energy. Perhaps you need less energy in your area.