Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The anti-Tesla EV lovers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could always start your own car company and build what You want? Haven’t seen a gun to head threat if you didn’t buy a car so find one that upsets you less. Nobody has to agree with Anything they don’t like or agree with nor do they have to support it. Complaining because it’s not the way You would do it is foolish. They have a business plan and a road map, maybe your not on it?
That’s the whole premise of this thread though?

The OP is basically saying why would anyone buy an inferior EV, you should just buy a Tesla because it’s the best EV.

Then people say why they don’t like Tesla.

And here you are saying well no one’s making you buy a Tesla.

That’s the whole premise of this thread though?

The OP is basically saying why would anyone buy an inferior EV, you should just buy a Tesla because it’s the best EV.

Then people say why they don’t like Tesla.

And here you are saying well no one’s making you buy a Tesla.
Because for me it is a Great EV. Is it Exactly as I would envision a perfect Car? No. But as an EV I feel it represents the need of an electric vehicle well. All the judging about Musks views and lay offs I find comical in judging the product. Let’s look at layoffs over the last year from Apple, GM, Ford, Google, etc, etc. It’s standard business survival 101. Not personal. Judging someone that doesn’t believe in Your political position, religion, sports team, etc means Nothing to me Unless (using the example noted Chick Fillet) they/he said this is Tesla’s policy/belief. It’s personal free speech which I respect.

• Love
Reactions: Darmie
Because for me it is a Great EV. Is it Exactly as I would envision a perfect Car? No. But as an EV I feel it represents the need of an electric vehicle well. All the judging about Musks views and lay offs I find comical in judging the product. Let’s look at layoffs over the last year from Apple, GM, Ford, Google, etc, etc. It’s standard business survival 101. Not personal. Judging someone that doesn’t believe in Your political position, religion, sports team, etc means Nothing to me Unless (using the example noted Chick Fillet) they/he said this is Tesla’s policy/belief. It’s personal free speech which I respect.
People are exercising their right to free expression by choosing not to buy from a bigot. If you respect Elon’s personal free speech, you should respect others’ right to express themselves how they see fit.

Tesla’s mass layoffs and mass executive exodus is not comparable to “usual business” at a healthy company. They’re clearly failing. If they fail to make the pivot to AI (which I’m certain they will), it will fail altogether. I only hope they sell auto to a competent company rather than just killing it off.

People are exercising their right to free expression by choosing not to buy from a bigot. If you respect Elon’s personal free speech, you should respect others’ right to express themselves how they see fit.

Tesla’s mass layoffs and mass executive exodus is not comparable to “usual business” at a healthy company. They’re clearly failing. If they fail to make the pivot to AI (which I’m certain they will), it will fail altogether. I only hope they sell auto to a competent company rather than just killing it off.
And surprisingly just as I did. Didn’t question your view or opinion. Simply shared mine. Is that not allowed in your narrative?

Why some people just don't like the Tesla brand and willing to buy none Tesla EVs despite all the difficulties that come with a none Tesla EVs like charging and support?!
I avoided Tesla due to quality, features, performance, and lack of physical dealership prevalance. Elon isn't a fsctor. Hitler made VAG, basically, so if I cared about leadership pedigree, VAG products are out. Henry Ford hired thugs to beat up union workers and auppreas employee rights, so Ford is out. GM needed a government bailout their products were so bad and operations so poorly managed. Alfa Romeo made engjnes for WW2 German bombers....I mean...we can go on and on with the virtue signal. So no, an eccentric billionaire isn't why I would/wouldn't buy a Tesla.

Tesla isn't failing. Elon is just eccentric and its a dictatorship not a democracy.

At the time we bought the Y, Tesla was the only OEM making vehicles with access to both Superchargers and CCS. That was _the_ winning factor in our decision then, and is still significant in our decision about what to get next due to being in a rural area with few and far between charging infrastructure.

Fortunately, 2 other OEMs now have access to some of the Supercharger network, others might get aboard eventually, depending on the Supercharger planning team being burned down situation. Long term, if everybody goes J3400 on charge ports, the Supercharger advantage will come off our decision making scales entirely and Tesla definitely will not be the only choice available to us.

Bottom line is we love driving electric, and the Y has worked out well so far. But we are somewhere between "meh" and "no way Jose" regarding the musky one's actions as CEO, and especially Tesla's trajectory on automotive products and after sale customer support.

Competition and consumer choice is a good thing, and I look forward to the day when other OEM, charging, and especially V2H/V2G options are fully mature with guaranteed interoperability. Vive le difference!

and I look forward to the day when other OEM, charging, and especially V2H/V2G options are fully mature with guaranteed interoperability. Vive le difference!
I don't think Tesla sees this as a priority. I may be wrong on this but isn't there much cheaper and more robust options for backup power? To me, the Tesla Power wall, solar or just a plain home generator is a much better investment than knocking off useable miles on a vehicle battery.
Then there's incentives to participate in a virtual power plant.

I don't think Tesla sees this as a priority. I may be wrong on this but isn't there much cheaper and more robust options for backup power? To me, the Tesla Power wall, solar or just a plain home generator is a much better investment than knocking off useable miles on a vehicle battery.
Then there's incentives to participate in a virtual power plant.
How are any of those options cheaper than a car you already have?

Unless you live in a disaster prone area, most of the time power goes out for less than a day and maybe a couple times a year at most. A fully charged EV battery can fully power a home for several days continuously. Less than a day of backup power is of little consequence on the EV battery especially if you limit/manage your electrical loads.

V2H would definitely be sufficient for many people. It’s more of a “better than nothing” solution for temporary emergency use than something meant to be used regularly. If you frequently have prolonged outages then yes more permanent solution would be ideal.

V2G would also support virtual power plants like a powerwall would for grid load balancing. It will draw from your car as needed during peak loads and then it will recharge overnight when there’s less demand. Obviously this would only work when the car is at home and plugged in during such times but again, better than nothing and every bit helps. And doesn’t require someone to spend $10-20k+ for a battery system.

Reactions: Genie and fhteagle
I don't think Tesla sees this as a priority.

Yes, and I maintain that such a lack of planning and action on integrating the car into the rest of a home ESS strategy, let alone a VPP, has been a _GIANT_ strategic blunder on the part of Tesla. Elon was quite simply dead wrong when he claimed V2H and V2G weren't worth it (hoping to sell more Powerwalls instead) years ago. The amounts people are dropping on a relatively crappy implementation of PowerShare, Ford's Intelligent Backup Power, upcoming GM Energy whatchamacallit, etc proves my point. The fact that the Cybertruck is the first Tesla to get V2L / V2H, this late in the game, is simply an embarrassment for Musk and Co.

Yes, there are ugly old outdated regulations in the way in way too many places. Yes, utilities are threatened and kick and scream back against anyone that threatens their revenue model. But the value proposition of a car with at least strong V2L, let alone well executed V2H / V2G, is too large to ignore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seattle
Yes, and I maintain that such a lack of planning and action on integrating the car into the rest of a home ESS strategy, let alone a VPP, has been a _GIANT_ strategic blunder on the part of Tesla. Elon was quite simply dead wrong when he claimed V2H and V2G weren't worth it
He should be working to bring those ct v2X features to the other cars, that would increase sales. Maybe start with the more expensive ones. It's very obvious those would increase sales.

Yes, and I maintain that such a lack of planning and action on integrating the car into the rest of a home ESS strategy, let alone a VPP, has been a _GIANT_ strategic blunder on the part of Tesla. Elon was quite simply dead wrong when he claimed V2H and V2G weren't worth it (hoping to sell more Powerwalls instead) years ago. The amounts people are dropping on a relatively crappy implementation of PowerShare, Ford's Intelligent Backup Power, upcoming GM Energy whatchamacallit, etc proves my point. The fact that the Cybertruck is the first Tesla to get V2L / V2H, this late in the game, is simply an embarrassment for Musk and Co.

Yes, there are ugly old outdated regulations in the way in way too many places. Yes, utilities are threatened and kick and scream back against anyone that threatens their revenue model. But the value proposition of a car with at least strong V2L, let alone well executed V2H / V2G, is too large to ignore.
V2H and V2G are _very_ different. I don't see V2G ever being a big thing.

V2H makes sense, but there's less value in V2H if you have V2L. V2L is increasingly common.

V2G has had people beating the drum for years and we just see pilot programs.

The biggest issue I see is that V2G is competing against grid-scale batteries, and small-scale batteries at consumer sites. Both of those are easier to integrate in grid operation because they are always available. And they have economic and practical reasons to exist independent of whether there is V2G available.

Plus, if you're doing V2G, it implies that you have V2H, and V2H does most of the work of V2G, but at lower cost.

Without conventional stalks, drivers have to take their eyes off the road to hunt and poke at the arrow icon.

The arrow icons are arranged in an irrational place: Both are on the left. The left should be on the left, and the right should be on the right. Drivers are still pushing the wrong arrow after months/years of using the Tesla method.

In the EU, NCAP (The European New Car Assessment Programme) will downgrade the safety ratings of stalkless cars.

Norwegian driving schools have banned stalkless cars.

Thus, Tesla is leading in losing safety scores.
I just drove my neighbor's steering by wire Cybertruck and the steering wheel never turns over, it just registers how fast and hard you are pushing, no stalks in this scenario make tonsa sense, unlike in the MS/X with conventional steering columns earlier. I was also amazed how the truck turned upon itself with the rear steering, allow me to complete a K-turn on a narrow driveway in two moves without any additional maneuvering.

Without conventional stalks, drivers have to take their eyes off the road to hunt and poke at the arrow icon.
Not really true. I tested the new Model 3, and in 5 minutes got used to wheel turn signal buttons. It might be a problem, somewhat, if you drive multiple cars with different controls, say a Mercedes and a Ford Explorer. But some people will always complain that the sugar was sweeter in those old days.

I don't know about everyone, but my neighbor, who was very much excited about Tesla last year, is now refusing to drive in one because, he said, "billionaires make money when their workers are getting poorer. Musk is not paying his workers their fair share like other manufacturers do, he is against unions."

He drives a Ford, by the way. Go figure. 🤔

Reactions: cwerdna
Also, such idiotic stories potentially sponsored by some other auto manufacturers surely affect the perception of Tesla.
Brief summary: EVs can make you sick, Tesla is especially bad in it, but Hyundai and GM are much better. The references to Tesla Chill Mode and Reg Braking control are completely missing from the article.