Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the end of the day, he is obligated to represent the people of WV. Manchin played a critical role in the writing and passing of the IRA. If he loses re-election, Democrats will find it even more difficult to get laws and budgets passed.

He meant for the credit to be applied to future vehicles with more stringent mineral and battery sourcing requirements. He prioritizes domestic production over faster adoption.
Hopefully avoiding explicit politics is challenging when huge incentives are at stake.
Mr.Manchin, specifically, is as reluctant to vote for anything environmentally positive as most because his entire net worth is tied up in the dirtiest coal, called "Gob" because it is a coarse mixture of lignite and slag, and is the waste produced by coal mines.
It becomes worse:

One of the major challenges for Tesla is the enormous reticence of politicians to vote for anything that does not advance their personal self interest. That is a global issue that is becoming more acute now that Tesla is taking market share in core coal and gas countries, including Germany. These same issues also inhibit direct sales in the US since so many State and Federal politicians have car dealer backgrounds. Notably that includes President Joe Biden whose father was a one-time car salesman and did give the President his famous Corvette.

Recently Elon Musk has been actively courting politicians, and this will become an increasingly active practice with Tesla as growth continues. There is no way to avoid that.
It is crucial for us to realize that this process will be largely independent of political orientation.

As we consider appropriate Tesla Marketing practices we might recognize that politicians now are a crucially important constituency.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm a spoiled child, but on March 25 GigaBerlin said they reached 5000k per week. If I remember correctly, it produced 4000 just at the end of February... So, where is the new update of 6000 per week?

5K/wk is close to the nominal capacity of the 1st GA assembly line. The next significant stepup will be to ~10K with the 2nd GA line, which depends upon Stamping-2 being complete (and possibly local bty cell production). I'd look for it in 2023H2 (per Tesla).

Last edited:
The discussion is quickly getting political again. Please tread carefully and keep it related to Tesla/TSLA.
Talking about politics

Tesla delivered 1.168M cars in 3 quarters since Elon turned "conservative". His rhetoric continues to cause demand destruction and brand erosion. Perhaps he will demand destruct Tesla to 2M deliveries in the next 4 Qs.

Be grateful that you are in TSLA
Folks, be careful out there
IMG_2126.png

Remember Lordstown Motors Corp. (RIDE)? This EV start-up specializing in full size pick-up trucks was reportedly poised for greatness, a competitor of Tesla. Share price hit ATH on September 13th, 2020 $ 29.01. Deliveries started in Q4 2022 and they delivered just 35 EVs. Yesterday RIDE traded as low as $0.25, recent fall blamed on Foxconn for pulling out of a financing deal. This may help explain why all primary EV manufacturers were down yesterday while primary ICE manufacturers were up. Lordstown will need to undertake a reverse split of multiples if they can't get their share price >$1 so as not to be de-listed from the Nasdaq. Bankruptzy looks imminent without the Foxconn deal. Tesla makes it look easy, but Lordstown is more proof, making profitable EVs is hard.

Last edited:
Talking about politics

Tesla delivered 1.168M cars in 3 quarters since Elon turned "conservative". His rhetoric continues to cause demand destruction and brand erosion. Perhaps he will demand destruct Tesla to 2M deliveries in the next 4 Qs.
Yes I'm sure the large price cuts and drop in margin had no connection at all to his actions. Nothing to see here, move along, the Emperors new clothes are amazing!

To be fair, Elon said the same thing regarding EV subsidies.
* provided that ICE will pay for their externalities (cost of climate change, air pollution, biodiversity collapse, etc). IIRC.

But that's an absurd position to defend: the very day ICE owners/makers pay for the destruction the industry causes to our habitat, it instantly goes bankrupt. So no subsidy becomes necessary to electrify global transportation (and the whole economy), obviously.

But Elon won't show the whole reasoning… because his political stance goes far beyond Tesla's mission.

More discussion on how Tesla can use the long service life of their cars to make monthly payments more affordable, allowing access to more customers: (queued to time index 4:58)

How Tesla Financing Could Cut Prices by 33%! | Brighter with Herbert (3 hrs ago)

Interesting. While I keep my vehicles for 10+ years, many do not. I, personally, wouldn't want a 10 year car loan, but the numbers are probably attractive to some. At least Tesla vehicles stay relevant for much longer than other OEMs because of the frequent software updates. Plus reliability, of course. My 5 year old Tesla still seems new to me!

Wow. Tesla doing 10 year financing in Spain.

The last time I saw that was when Chase Auto Finance did that for Volvo in the 1990's. The real problem with that si that the traditional very creditworthy people will not take a 4% APR tn year loan for a car. The ones who'll accept ti are atypical, ie poorer risk, buyers. I predict this will not last too long.

It seems the $250 raise is a signal to the consumer that prices are no longer declining .
Part of me thinks Tesla is adjusting prices every week or two just to make the media constantly write articles advertising Tesla prices to the public.

Tesla doesn't need to advertise if they can easily manipulate the media to advertise for them. For free. On a regular basis. Around the world! :p
I think Tesla is just switching to a model where they adjust prices more frequently both up and down until changes become boring.

Nobody writes an article about the fish market charging "Market Price" for Swordfish after all.