Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FreightWaves - 14 minutes ago: EVs To The Rescue: Lessons From A California Blackout

Canadian grocery chain Loblaw Companies Ltd. said it will likely use solar power to power charging stations for the 25 Semis that it has ordered from Tesla

Bob Loblaw?

EETP36ze_400x400.jpg

$5.25 billion in revenue, $665 million in net income.

Meanwhile Disney and Amazon are preparing their assault. Tesla killers? How about Netflix killers?

Market cap: $125 billion, 3 times as high as Tesla. Yep, it all makes perfect sense.

Bought some Disney stocks. There's really little reason to have Netflix when most already has Amazon and most will sign into Disney. Disney own half of all media, so good luck to all streaming the scraps.

Don't know if this is anything but
In French
Québec en discussions avec Tesla pour un projet ici

This is interesting. Part of the political basis for the US - Canada free trade system in autos and parts is that North American manufacturers promised to have operations divided fairly between both countries. I have been wondering for a while how Tesla would/will fit into this.

Bought some Disney stocks. There's really little reason to have Netflix when most already has Amazon and most will sign into Disney. Disney own half of all media, so good luck to all streaming the scraps.

I didn’t mean to start a Netflix discussion, that takes us too far OT. It could have been any tech stock. I just wanted to show how undervalued TSLA is (or, if you want, how overvalued tech stocks are).

I didn’t mean to start a Netflix discussion, that takes us too far OT. It could have been any tech stock. I just wanted to show how undervalued TSLA is (or, if you want, how overvalued tech stocks are).

I think it was a valid comparison given the similar revenue size (currently) between Tesla & Netflix, and then seeing the difference in Valuation and FCF metrics (And how cheap Tesla looks in comparison).

I'm still not buying a single rumor about a Q1 production start.

Even on the previous guidance of a Q3 start of “volume production” - one would expect production to have started in some fashion (even in limited test quantity) at some point In early Q2. Some level of production being brought forward to Q1 wouldn’t be a huge leap in the schedule.

Even on the previous guidance of a Q3 start of “volume production” - one would expect production to have started in some fashion (even in limited test quantity) at some point In early Q2. Some level of production being brought forward to Q1 wouldn’t be a huge leap in the schedule.

Yes. The slope of the ramp is more important. We get a preview to see what a Tesla ramp now looks like, by watching Shanghai.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Last month short interest dropped by ~10% / 4 million shares, down to 36 million. High was 43.66 million at the end of May. Some of the bigger shorts have been reducing, wouldn’t surprise me if that trend has continued after the record Q3 delivery numbers were revealed.

Should see the official Nasdaq short interest figure for the mid-month date on the 25th or 28th.

Guys, while - hopefully - everyone agrees that what VW did here is despicable, and the undercover German lab video is super disturbing and tragic, important to note, that we have two different videos in this post.

The first red link leads to a news article about the German lab. Currently the evidence shows those 2014 VW animal test were actually done in a US lab, not in Germany so, while horrific material, this video has nothing to do with VW.

The second video embedded in the post, that falsely claims "VW animal testing" is clearly what they would call a "dramatization" or reenactment. This could be for a documentary or a show like 60 Minutes or Dateline. If this was some "leaked footage" from the actual VW animal tests, you'd either have surveillance camera footage from the lab, or a camera on a tripod documenting the test. Instead you have cinematic shots and camera pans and artistic/weird angles showing what appears to be a made-for-tv drama budget sets. It's fake as in someone (not our member, but the Youtube poster) is trying to sell it as leaked footage of the VW tests.

No worries, VW hooked humans directly up to their tailpipes. Wasn’t a dramatization in the documentary I saw, they really did it.