Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else notice what's not happened this quarter?

Answer (highlight): Price cuts.

Actually seeing a price INCREASE on FSD. Also a price increase for the forthcoming highest performance S.

IF (a big if) we see an earlier than expected Model Y start, we probably wont see much in the way of price cuts at all in 2020 if battery supply is still constrained.

What's even sadder is such a strong negative financial experience associated with Tesla will mean that, due to negative associations, they will likely NEVER be able to experience the joys of Tesla ownership even after they recover financially. I find that even sadder than them going broke. ;)
I don't know, do all the folks who shorted AMZN insist on going to brick and mortar stores to shop or avoid using internet data?

Where at Fremont are they gong to put "A new Model Y line"? A one point there was talk on this forum of having the ability of producing either Y's or 3's on the same line. Do we even know how many lines are currently producing 3's? It seems to me that the differences we've discussed between the two models would require significant modification to the line(s) and a considerable loss of 3 production during the conversion. What am I not getting? Splain Lucy.

From all the permits. Looks like they are expanding the factory.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Tesla will have to adopt a French name if so. That's the law in Quebec (unless it's been changed).

Company names are fine as is a trademark. They just couldn’t have a sign up that says something like “Tesla battery plant”. It would have to be “Les batteries Tesla” for example, or just “Tesla”. If a sign is bilingual the French has to be predominant. Pretty sure that’s how it goes as my ex is in charge of communications at the language bureau :-/

Tesla will have to adopt a French name if so. That's the law in Quebec (unless it's been changed).
Company names are fine as is a trademark. They just couldn’t have a sign up that says something like “Tesla battery plant”. It would have to be “Les batteries Tesla” for example, or just “Tesla”. If a sign is bilingual the French has to be predominant. Pretty sure that’s how it goes as my ex is in charge of communications at the language bureau :-/

This reminds of the time on TV that I pronounced the name of the Quebec firm Bombardier in the French manner. A senior colleague started chuckling and tried to correct me. I had the last laugh. :D

$5.25 billion in revenue, $665 million in net income.

Meanwhile Disney and Amazon are preparing their assault. Tesla killers? How about Netflix killers?

Market cap: $125 billion, 3 times as high as Tesla. Yep, it all makes perfect sense.

You forgot to mention the negative $3.5 billion in projected cashflow from operations for 2019, and guidance for continued cashflow losses funded by debt for 2020 and beyond.