Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope this story blows up. Some leaked images and 8mins of videos of those monkeys, dogs and cats that VW are using to test their ”clean diesel”:
Monkeys scream out in pain in secret footage recorded at 'German lab' | Metro News

PRI_89839949.jpg

PRI_89857719.jpg

This is from the same company that makes a vegan car with leather manual...

This post was many many pages ago, but I think it's worth pointing out that the video is a factually incorrect dramatization. That is not actual footage from Volkswagen's animal testing labs.
  1. The VW New Beetle shown in the video is not a "Clean Diesel." Clean Diesel refers to 2009 and newer TDI engines that are equipped with a diesel particulate filter. While it is indeed a diesel, the New Beetle shown is two engine generations before (1999 - 2003) the Clean Diesel was introduced (2009 - 2015).
  2. The Ford pickup truck shown in the video is gasoline powered. The comparison described in the video was between Clean Diesel Volkswagens and diesel Ford pickup trucks (of an unknown vintage).

Where are we with battery supply for the Y? Won’t this be the determining factor of the ramp schedule?

Hard to see how Y ramps before Shanghai has its own battery supply. Wasn’t the speculation that Giga3 will make batteries out of the Phase 2 part of the plant? Which is due to complete end of March if recent news is correct. Presumably this refers to the structure, not the tooling, which would I guess take several months to install and fine tune.

You can then switch 3k/week battery packs from Nevada back towards Fremont for the initial ramp of the Y, but surely not before.

To everyone bigging up a Q1-2 rapid launch of the Y, where are the batteries coming from?
I will allow FC to answer:
New Carsonight info/leak from GF1:

Disqus - Tesla is rapidly moving to build ‘battery factory’ in China, report says

"I have it on good authority that GF1 is ramping up to 10k batteries per week. In China, initial production of 3k per week will be batteries from GF1."​

If today ends green, we'll match the all-time record for consecutive green days on the stock (8), set on 24 January 2013. :) So far this is only the 6th >= 7-day green run ever.
We have a winner!
Potential for limitless M3 taxi demand is underrated.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
If they don’t mind ponying up an extra 50 grand.

I might have missed it since I'm not on Twitter. When did Musk or Tesla mention the plaid trim will be $150,000?

Even if that is actually the price when released, I'm sure there will be plenty who will purchase it. The P90DL's were sold in the $135K-$150K range. So, with extra performance and upgraded parts, I'm certain many will wait and pony up.

Reactions: SpaceCash
Wow, this is actually pretty sad. People convincing other people to go broke. smh

Dan

What's even sadder is such a strong negative financial experience associated with Tesla will mean that, due to negative associations, they will likely NEVER be able to experience the joys of Tesla ownership even after they recover financially. I find that even sadder than them going broke. ;)

What's even sadder is such a strong negative financial experience associated with Tesla will mean that, due to negative associations, they will likely NEVER be able to experience the joys of Tesla ownership even after they recover financially. I find that even sadder than them going broke. ;)

At least there will always be a steady supply of folks willing to key Teslas as a remedy for problems in their lives. :rolleyes:

I might have missed it since I'm not on Twitter. When did Musk or Tesla mention the plaid trim will be $150,000?

Even if that is actually the price when released, I'm sure there will be plenty who will purchase it. The P90DL's were sold in the $135K-$150K range. So, with extra performance and upgraded parts, I'm certain many will wait and pony up.

What Musk actually said was that it's be priced between today's Model S Performance and a Taycan Turbo. So between $115k and $150k.