Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Inventory Cars Now Viewable By All

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
Now you can search for a Tesla Model 3 inventory car on Tesla’s website and get it delivered right away. Now that Tesla has some varied Model 3 inventory available, you may be able to find what you want without having to “build” your car. Prior to accessing the automaker’s online configurator to build your...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/04/22/tesla-model-3-inventory-cars-online-available/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

You sure? It will process everything 100X faster. Right now the camera lags like crazy when I go in reverse. It’s already slowing down like my iPhone.

the backup camera display has nothing to do with the AP computer- that's the media computer (which is the only thing that can display to the in-car screen).

And that's a software bug, not hardware (it worked perfectly on earlier versions, seems to have been introduced on most cars with the 2019 8.x update, likely fixed in a later one)

Elon has stated several times HW3 only matters for FSD

Tesla S/X/3 made after Oct. 2016 (all HW including sensors/cameras) can all be updated to Tesla FSD computer.
Sadly, older cars too costly to upgrade all the needed HW.
Tesla can inform you if your particular car can be upgraded.
All currently manufactured S/X/3 have new Tesla FSD computers. ~ a month for S/X and ~ 10 days for Model 3 - again Tesla knows.
(upgrades are free for those with FSD option, or free when you purchase FSD if your car eligible)

That is what I remember.

I went to my local service center on Saturday 4/20/19 unannounced and drove away less than 3 he's later. Would have been shorter but had to figure out financing and trade in. I did not have an appointment or call ahead. Also planned on buying a grey model 3 but wife changed he mind to white after we saw the showroom model. Luckily they had both in inventory.

They also.said they were short staffed because of the closures. Apparently they laid off most of the staff at that store before deciding to keep it open for an undetermined amount of time. The staff was actually filling in from the other to stores in the area.

Seems most every inventory car has a white interior. I also wish there was a way to look nationwide vise 200 miles.

ev-cpo had them for a while but they've disappeared and its showing as none

tesla-info are listing about 90 or a variety of standard range plus and long range

teslastats haven't got any

findmyev have none but had 3 yesterday

I will add a data point to this thread. A friend and I both took delivery of inventory Model 3's yesterday. They are identical in spec except the external colors (mine is the white one); long range, RWD, 19" sport wheels, white premium interior, autopilot. Neither car was listed on the online inventory portal and there were multiple of the white car's configuration in Phoenix. We were told that only current configurable specs are listed on the online portal at this time. We visited a local showroom and they were able to go through the available inventory. This was on Saturday afternoon and we took delivery on Monday afternoon. If you are interested in an inventory vehicle, visit your local showroom and see what is truly available. Also, you can request to have some options comped if you purchase through them. Both of our cars are 4/19 build months and have the latest autopilot computer/chip (VIN # 336XXX).

Attachments

• 32736193797_ae1d2b9824_b.jpg
    32736193797_ae1d2b9824_b.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 98
I will add a data point to this thread. A friend and I both took delivery of inventory Model 3's yesterday. They are identical in spec except the external colors (mine is the white one); long range, RWD, 19" sport wheels, white premium interior, autopilot. Neither car was listed on the online inventory portal and there were multiple of the white car's configuration in Phoenix. We were told that only current configurable specs are listed on the online portal at this time. We visited a local showroom and they were able to go through the available inventory. This was on Saturday afternoon and we took delivery on Monday afternoon. If you are interested in an inventory vehicle, visit your local showroom and see what is truly available. Also, you can request to have some options comped if you purchase through them. Both of our cars are 4/19 build months and have the latest autopilot computer/chip (VIN # 336XXX).
How much was yours? Sounds identical to mine except I got EAP when it was delivered.

To search by area, select "used" - there, you can enter your zip code.

Then switch back to "new".

Crummy website work guys!

New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

The distance override I put in there (999) didn't work - the page still defaulted to 200 miles - not nearly far enough when distribution centers are hundreds of miles from one another, and "nationwide delivery" is offered right in the banner.