Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hamilton, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla supercharger map shows a new upcoming supercharger at Hamilton, TX. Does anyone have any information about the exact location?
I hate to be the downer on this subject, but those “Coming Soon” placement on the Tesla FindUs page are not worth a lot. Basically, all they mean is that Tesla would like to put a Supercharger there, but that’s about all. The whole process of getting one built is very complex, from getting local permits to being sure the local power company can get enough juice there to finding lessees or partners. At one time, Falfurrias was supposed to get one, but Tesla went to Alice instead.

A much better place is Supercharge.info. It posts new locations only after there are confirmed permits, then updates when construction begins and when new SCs are open.
Supercharge.info.

The Western side of DFW is very underserved. Any additional chargers are welcomed, but if I'm going from Cisco up to Denton I have to charge my MYP to 90% to get to the Denton SC, without going to downtown Fort Worth.

Something along NW 820 or near Weatherford would be nice.

I hate to be the downer on this subject, but those “Coming Soon” placement on the Tesla FindUs page are not worth a lot. Basically, all they mean is that Tesla would like to put a Supercharger there, but that’s about all. The whole process of getting one built is very complex, from getting local permits to being sure the local power company can get enough juice there to finding lessees or partners. At one time, Falfurrias was supposed to get one, but Tesla went to Alice instead.

A much better place is Supercharge.info. It posts new locations only after there are confirmed permits, then updates when construction begins and when new SCs are open.
Supercharge.info.
Finding confirmed permits is good, but not finding permits does not mean that there is no plan. For example, If there is a new Tesla service center in Hamilton, they might want to install few temporary superchargers. That is exactly what happened in Lubbock.

Personally, I'd rather rely on Tesla website as the main official source of information compared to other third party websites!

Finding confirmed permits is good, but not finding permits does not mean that there is no plan. For example, If there is a new Tesla service center in Hamilton, they might want to install few temporary superchargers. That is exactly what happened in Lubbock.

Personally, I'd rather rely on Tesla website as the main official source of information compared to other third party websites!
I think you missed the point. The Tesla coming soon website isn't meant to be accurate, its to give a rough idea of a hand waving "somewhere around here". Its literally dropping dots on map.
The "third party website" - supercharge.info is based on real permits, TMC members visiting and taking pictures etc and is 200% more accurate than the Tesla coming soon site.
Once its operational then yes, the Tesla site will have real information, but before that it is aspirational at best.

I think you missed the point. The Tesla coming soon website isn't meant to be accurate, its to give a rough idea of a hand waving "somewhere around here". Its literally dropping dots on map.
The "third party website" - supercharge.info is based on real permits, TMC members visiting and taking pictures etc and is 200% more accurate than the Tesla coming soon site.
Once its operational then yes, the Tesla site will have real information, but before that it is aspirational at best.
Yes, back in the day we used to say the planned supercharger map was more aspirational than informational.

Reactions: Twiglett
Guys, I opened this thread to talk about the upcoming supercharger at Hamilton, TX. Not to talk about if a third-party website is reliable or not. I would appreciate it if you could refrain from continuing this conversation.

Does anybody have any updates on the location of the supercharger? Tesla supercharger map shows the target opening in Q1 2023.

Guys, I opened this thread to talk about the upcoming supercharger at Hamilton, TX. Not to talk about if a third-party website is reliable or not. I would appreciate it if you could refrain from continuing this conversation.

Does anybody have any updates on the location of the supercharger? Tesla supercharger map shows the target opening in Q1 2023.
Reading the threads I believe that will have answered your question.
The Tesla map is no degree of accuracy about a supercharger being located in Hamilton or anywhere near it.
If you really want more information, the best way is to contact someone in Hamilton city council or the planning dept and ask, then you can report back here with news.

• Helpful
Reactions: Guacahummus

Must not have been paying attention to the other posts...

Tesla's Find Us site is inaccurate and not to be trusted. It's basically a "Hey, we'd like to put one here and we're thinking about it."

Supercharge.info is what should be considered the Source of Truth - it shows where Tesla is actually going to be putting Superchargers. It shows the ones that are active, under construction, and more importantly, the sites that have Permits.

Tesla's Find Us site has tons of proposed Superchargers with dates (like Hamilton, TX's Q1 2023) that constantly slip and/or just disappear. Use Supercharge.info to see if/when they actually file for a Permit for Hamilton - that's an indicator that they're starting to get serious about that site.

But even a Permit isn't necessarily a surefire guarantee they'll build one - there's several sites (again, viewable on Supercharge.info) that have had Permits opened for hundreds of days, and in some cases a couple years, without construction actually starting.

You'll know it's actually happening once construction starts... which you can see on Supercharge.info, not on Tesla's Find Us page.

Supercharge.info is what should be considered the Source of Truth - it shows where Tesla is actually going to be putting Superchargers. It shows the ones that are active, under construction, and more importantly, the sites that have Permits.
Agreed 100%

I don't even look at Tesla page anymore for what is coming up. It is useless. Just aspirational.

Supercharge.info is concrete what is happening on the ground. Very useful site. I plan my trips using that site.

Most importantly - if a site is important to you, call up the local planning dept and get the information direct from the source then post on the forums to help the community. That is when we are the strongest :)
This whole place is alive and vibrant because Tesla owners are finding stuff out and sharing.

Hamilton is an odd location for a supercharger though, its a really small town, there are almost no chains there, no larger supermarket.
It's got Subway, a Bush's Chicken and a Budget Inn. Almost everything else is locally owned which makes it very hard for Tesla to get in there without local help.
We can help out by suggesting locations using the supercharger page on the Tesla site to provide contact information. Not sure how successful that is though.

The Find Us map, in its most recent update, has gotten less aspirational and more concrete about what's coming soon. It doesn't have all of the sites that we know about (several are still missing despite being actively under construction), but if it has a targeted opening date like 1Q23 for Hamilton, you can pretty much bet it's going to happen, although delays are possible. If it says targeted for some future year like 2023 or 2024 without a specific quarter, then yeah, it's more aspirational/less settled.

To directly answer @Seyed 's question - no, we don't have any more information on Hamilton, Texas. If we had information, we would have a permit or construction pin on the supercharge.info map. When we get information, rest assured that it will be posted in this very thread.

Note that our crowdsourced information relies on reports and research from TMC and other community members. Please, if you have a spare few minutes, check out your local permit authority and see if they have a searchable database of building permits. If so, try to find information about upcoming Superchargers and post it here. Useful search terms include "TESLA" "TELSA" "EV" "ELEC" and "CHARG". The Supercharger network's buildout is rapidly accelerating, and many hands make light work.

Last edited:
If you want some examples of accuracy:
*Beaumont, TX - was on the Tesla website as 'coming soon' in 2019, then left the map entirely in 2020, and has now come back on the 'coming soon' for 2022. This was never included on supercharge.info, and is now listed as permit applied for, which is where things actually stand.
*College Station, TX - has been 'coming soon' since 2019 and has never had anything done. It has had a few different permits, which supercharge.info has updated the location of over the years, but never any actual work done. Hence the aspirational piece that the posts above mentioned.
*Houston, TX - Westheimer Road - shows up and running on the Tesla website. This charger was up and ran for about 2-4 weeks, and has since been closed for over a year. The Tesla website is just flat wrong on this being open, where as supercharge.info shows it as temporarily closed, which is has been now for over a year.
*San Antonio, TX - Alamo Heights - shows as 'Q3 2022' though there has been a coming by end of year to central San Antonio since 2018. The current 3 in the greater area were all added with no dot showing up on the Tesla site until they were open. Meanwhile the "Alamo Heights" "Pearl District" "Downtown" dot has pushed over and over for half a decade.
Just a few, but should give an idea of the accuracy of the two websites for reliable information.

Drove 20 minutes down to Hamilton, TX yesterday evening. The town is small, so it was fairly easy to find the supercharger location. The area is being prepared for construction to start.

It has been a week since tesla updated its map with this new location. So, let's see how long it takes for "reliable/source of truth" supercharge.info to add this location to its map!

Drove 20 minutes down to Hamilton, TX yesterday evening. The town is small, so it was fairly easy to find the supercharger location. The area is being prepared for construction to start.

It has been a week since tesla updated its map with this new location. So, let's see how long it takes for "reliable/source of truth" supercharge.info to add this location to its map!
you also seem to misunderstand what this forum is.
This isn't some macho death match to see who is the best website.
This is a community of Tesla owners who share information so everyone benefits.
So a normal community member would happen to drive by and see the location and post pictures and provide details so it would be shared, which would then appear on supercharge.info site.
So how about posting pictures and contributing?