Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still no Bumper Cam or Ambient Lighting.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, just recurved my new Model S……love it! Unfortunately there is still no bumper cam or ambient lighting. Tesla sales person that helped with the pick up did not believe this was coming anytime soon. Also, no Summon or Autopark, just realized yesterday I did not have this function. Texted my rep, said it will be in a software update eventually. I was a bit bummed as when I ordered my S it said it had it. Hmmmmmm not proper advertising. I did purchase the FSD for $8000. Hopefully these updates will come soon. I do love my first Tesla and wish I had gotten one sooner!

Hey guys, just recurved my new Model S……love it! Unfortunately there is still no bumper cam or ambient lighting. Tesla sales person that helped with the pick up did not believe this was coming anytime soon. Also, no Summon or Autopark, just realized yesterday I did not have this function. Texted my rep, said it will be in a software update eventually. I was a bit bummed as when I ordered my S it said it had it. Hmmmmmm not proper advertising. I did purchase the FSD for $8000. Hopefully these updates will come soon. I do love my first Tesla and wish I had gotten one sooner!
Autopark is included in the 2024.14.6 update that is rolling out to cars right now. My car got the update on Monday and I'd expect most cars to have it within a week or two. I didn't see any options for summon, but I didn't go looking for it either.

Autopark is included in the 2024.14.6 update that is rolling out to cars right now. My car got the update on Monday and I'd expect most cars to have it within a week or two. I didn't see any options for summon, but I didn't go looking for it either.
Autopark was available in one of the 2024.3.x builds, if not sooner. Both our cars are on 2024.3.x and both have Autopark.

Hmmmmmm not proper advertising. I did purchase the FSD for $8000. Hopefully these updates will come soon. I do love my first Tesla and wish I had gotten one sooner!
Which software build do you have, and who led you to believe you would have Autopark and Summon right away? Autopark is available depending on your build, but Summon isn’t yet available for cars without ultrasonic sensors like yours. Check your Controls > Autopilot settings and make sure you’ve enabled everything you want — FSD features are not enabled by default.

Autopark was available in one of the 2024.3.x builds, if not sooner. Both our cars are on 2024.3.x and both have Autopark.

Which software build do you have, and who led you to believe you would have Autopark and Summon right away? Autopark is available depending on your build, but Summon isn’t yet available for cars without ultrasonic sensors like yours. Check your Controls > Autopilot settings and make sure you’ve enabled everything you want — FSD features are not enabled by default.
When I ordered the car and added FSD it says it comes with it. See for yourself. Paid the $8000 but did not get Autopark, hopefully coming soon with update. But Summon and Smart Summon? I had no clue it would it be with my build. It should not be listed or at the least a disclaimer that it would be available in the future, if at all
IMG_9368.png

When I ordered the car and added FSD it says it comes with it. See for yourself. Paid the $8000 but did not get Autopark, hopefully coming soon with update. But Summon and Smart Summon? I had no clue it would it be with my build. It should not be listed or at the least a disclaimer that it would be available in the future, if at all
That’s interesting, because I remember seeing a disclaimer like that on the website, but I don’t see it now. However, when I ordered both a Model S and Model Y last year, part of the ordering process in the app was having to confirm a disclaimer about the lack of certain features, including Autopark and Summon. Are you saying you didn’t get that disclaimer during the order process?

Regarding the lack of (front) bumper cameras, did someone at Tesla lead you to believe you would get those?

I ordered my 2023 Model S LR end of last year which included purchase of EAP, which at the time included both autopark and summon. After my order was confirmed, there was a separate disclaimer that I received via the app which disclosed that my car did not have ultrasonic sensors or radar and that neither autopark or summon were currently available, but would be made available at a later date. I had to agree to this disclaimer prior to them assigning a VIN and scheduling delivery. Not sure how that process has evolved in the past 5 months, but was made very clear to me that park or my purchase was for future capabilities not available at the time. I have since gotten the updates which include autopark, but summon has not yet been deployed.