Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sleeping with the Enemy!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I’d say HI as a new member. I’m a life long car nut, not actually a ‘save the world’ with EVs guy lol. But I am genuinely excited to learn so much about my 2024 Tesla Model S Plaid from you all. Feel free to point me to informative posts you feel I should read to learn more about the S plaid. Its my first EV, but I still have my horrendous gas guzzlers. I bought this car last week because the stats of the Tesla Plaid S are undeniable. I look to make meaningful contributions to this forum, but only after I get educated by it.

So HI to all and here are my current cars, you can see them all eyeballing the Tesla lol

IMG_4684.jpeg

IMG_4676.jpeg

All I can say is - nice ICE cars and the Plaid ofcourse is the icing on the cake(s)!!👍👍
I can’t deny that the Tesla is actually the best of the 4 for daily driving, my kids ask ‘we going to take the tesla?!’ Any time we head to the garage. Its the new car but its still the all around best. Oddly the Durango Hellcat is second best. The 807hp Redeye and 1050hp Demon170 are just for ‘show’, getting that kinda power down on the street (with RWD) is impossible. Tesla is point and click. I’m glad I got it! But I know very little about all its tech (despite being an IT guy) so I plan to learn from all the forum posts!

Very nice collection! I take it you have a pretty good working relationship with your local dodge dealer lol. I’ve always had a HUGE soft spot for the hellcat durago but they skyrocketed in price so quickly.
I do actually, I get my cars from 1 dealer (steve white motors) and so I usually get them at invoice, employee pricing, msrp or a very marginal adm (when Demons allocations were selling for 100k over I got mine for $10k over (I ordered mine how I wanted). So always below ‘market’ but again because of the long relationship. OH I raced a model X I think on Friday with the Durango Hellcat (and against my buddies corvette) and I beat the X (it might not be an X I dont know these well enough yet, but definitely a suv tesla, said dual motor on the back. Will upload video if you want. After I pulled him we talked, and he too said how much he loves the Durango and was shocked how bad I beat him.
Cars? I see 3 oversized paperweights and a Model S. 😉
Lol, isnt the Tesla actually the heaviest of the lot? (Asking for a friend) 😂

I do actually, I get my cars from 1 dealer (steve white motors) and so I usually get them at invoice, employee pricing, msrp or a very marginal adm (when Demons allocations were selling for 100k over I got mine for $10k over (I ordered mine how I wanted). So always below ‘market’ but again because of the long relationship. OH I raced a model X I think on Friday with the Durango Hellcat (and against my buddies corvette) and I beat the X (it might not be an X I dont know these well enough yet, but definitely a suv tesla, said dual motor on the back. Will upload video if you want. After I pulled him we talked, and he too said how much he loves the Durango and was shocked how bad I beat him.

It weighs 4670 lbs. You'd be surprised at how many ICE sedans are heavier than a Plaid which has a battery alone that weighs 1000lbs

You have a good relationship with the Dodge dealership. Most don't have such a relationship and get jacked by markups. How do you compare your dealership buying experience to Tesla's direct to customer experience?
Great question, but my perspective is skewed. And here is why, first Steve white motors as a dealership doesn’t do all that fee add on crap that most other dealers do, no doc prep, no lug nuts fee, no vin etch crap, etc. so any dodge dealerships doing this crap are already a step down, now I also have bought so much from this one dealership that I cant even walk around without people coming up to me to say hi by name, etc. and when I go to get a car, they already pre-paper everything, that I just hand them a check and sign a few papers and Grab my newest free dodge swag and drive off.

For the Tesla, it felt like the dmv, I waited in line for my turn to buy my car lol, Raleigh NC Tesla is drab, you want to get out as soon as possible. The Charlotte NC tesla has a MUCH better vibe, but Raleigh had the car I wanted, it was an inspiration purchase. The one thing tesla DOES better was the app purchase approach to streamline the process, had I just been an everyday dodge buyer walking off the street to a dealership that didn’t know me, tesla would have won. Sadly 100k gets you no free swag from tesla. It feels less special buying a tesla than a dodge. Both American cars, with similar price points, so fair comparison.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Sorry but you are late to the Show. Swag came with the early cars years ago.

A Tesla is a continuous learning experience. This forum is helpful if we all have the same problem at around the same time. But it’s iffy for new Tesla owners. You benefit from reading the entire car manual, probably twice.

You will see the beginning of the new learning when you start getting OTAs, over the air updates. Sometimes, at least yearly, everything changes.

Enjoy the ride!

Lol that’s goos feedback, I’m in IT, so reading manuals goes against my DNA, but I’ll follow the guidance. And as far as swag, I mean Dodge is 100 years old and they still give put swag lol.
Very true many still do “swag” just remember “my dealer is the same” they NEED that service, maintenance, annual, etc revenue. Swag ensures you remember which dealer to return to. As for your previous X Model race, very possible yet not a Plaid. Plaid is a different kind of beast. Many in my area (including Hellcats) look for the plaid flag Before tempting fate. Congrats on a great collection.

Very true many still do “swag” just remember “my dealer is the same” they NEED that service, maintenance, annual, etc revenue. Swag ensures you remember which dealer to return to. As for your previous X Model race, very possible yet not a Plaid. Plaid is a different kind of beast. Many in my area (including Hellcats) look for the plaid flag Before tempting fate. Congrats on a great collection.
Right, no reason not to throw a free shirt at a customer on such a big purchase. The car I raced in my Durango hellcat was NOT a plaid, I just wasnt sure if there’s 2 suv model teslas. I just know I beat the dual motor tesla suv.
Did the free swag include those bumper protectors you're supposed to remove but people think are mod?
Lol those shipping guards are the hottest topic Dodge forums have ever had. Lol. I post WITH them on knowing it gives everyone their soapbox opportunity to preach what we alllll already know, they are shipping guards. I LIKE to chum the waters… thanks!

Do you have time to drive all those cars? I mean, do you have to go to work for a living? Asking for a friend 🤦‍♂️😉🤯🥳

Having said this, my only experience with Dodge is a Durango R/T some five years ago or so, and my lowly MYP is better in every single way, other than the third row (which I no longer need). Full disclosure: I only drive / own one car at a time, albeit swapping them in 2-3 years typically. Not including wife’s cars

Last edited:
Do you have time to drive all those cars? I mean, do you have to go to work for a living? Asking for a friend 🤦‍♂️😉🤯🥳

Having said this, my only experience with Dodge is a Durango R/T some five years ago or so, and my lowly MYP is better in every single way, other than the third row (which I no longer need). Full disclosure: I only drive / own one car at a time, albeit swapping them in 2-3 years typically. Not including wife’s cars
I feel like you know me… lol. Yes I have a job, yes I have time to drive any of my cars that I chose to 😂

Reactions: MrSlowEv

Likely you were racing in a Model Y if it was an SUV that said 'dual motor' on the back. The S and X don't have that labeling. So you were likely racing the 'slowest' of all Tesla models.

If the 'dual motor' label had an underline below it, then you had a performance model Y, and possibly more skin in the game :)

I can’t deny that the Tesla is actually the best of the 4 for daily driving, my kids ask ‘we going to take the tesla?!’ Any time we head to the garage. Its the new car but its still the all around best. Oddly the Durango Hellcat is second best. The 807hp Redeye and 1050hp Demon170 are just for ‘show’, getting that kinda power down on the street (with RWD) is impossible. Tesla is point and click. I’m glad I got it! But I know very little about all its tech (despite being an IT guy) so I plan to learn from all the forum posts!
You will probably sell most of the ICE cars as they consume insurance, fuel and registration money. If you're considering this, then do it sooner rather than later.

I had an EV and ICE simultaneously for a while. Should have sold the ICE immediately---it stopped passing smog and became a needless time and money sink. The best time to sell is when they're looking good and working well.

Think about doing something fun with the insurance and depreciation money you save in equivalent---year over year---and see which decision makes you feel happier when you imagine them both.

Very nice collection! I take it you have a pretty good working relationship with your local dodge dealer lol. I’ve always had a HUGE soft spot for the hellcat durago but they skyrocketed in price so quickly.
I've thought for years dodge has some of the best styling.

My first ever pickup truck was and is a 2022 ram 1500 classic warlock. It was basically the cheapest new truck in 2022. Other than a weird issue with the window I've very much liked the truck and odds are > 50% I'll buy it when lease is up.