Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good Riddance: The '22 Tesla Model S Plaid Saga Comes to an End

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: CSFTN
My '23 MSP is my first EV. I made the purchase with eyes wide open.
  • Panel gaps and all that - don't really care unless egregious (none found)
  • Creaks and rattles - plenty of it at parking lot speeds, but knew this is par for Model S course
  • 3rd world service centers - yup, check
  • Stupid constrained, closed parts ecosystem - Don't ever want to get in an accident, major vulnerability
Nearly 9K miles on the odo, zero glitches or issues beyond what I expected above. World class power. World class braking. World class charging options. World class software integration. I'm still happy with my purchase, but it's made me no Tesla brand loyalist by any stretch.

Once the rest of EV world catches up in a year or two, my EV dance card is a clean sheet yet again.

Sums up my thoughts perfectly - spot on!

if your car is good out of the box you should be ok for the long term
I totally agree—if your car has been problem-free for the first month, you lucky bastard have clearly missed out on the full hardware QA experience. My own rollercoaster started within a week of delivery. Sure, some remedies seemed to help at first, but they were more like slapping a band-aid on a gaping wound, just pushing the real problems further down the road without truly solving them. I thought my FDU was 'cured' after almost a year of peace, but then the issues came back with a vengeance, and two attempts later, it was even more broken somehow.

What is your new car gonna be? Used Taycans are at a reasonable price.

Don't leave us hanging here; what's it gonna be? Going ICE, EV, PHEV, or Hybrid? So many EVs I'm interested in, wonder where someone goes after jumping off of the MSP.
I'm not in NEED of another car - I still have my old W222 S for town runs.

Taycan Turbo feels a bit too low and stiff as a sedan, and new ones are too expensive for what it is. The i7 disappoints with bad wind noise and is just meh in every other aspect. If I were to get another EV right now, I'd probably **lease** an AMG EQS.

However, I'm most likely to hold out for the W223 refresh later this year.

I totally agree—if your car has been problem-free for the first month, you lucky bastard have clearly missed out on the full hardware QA experience. My own rollercoaster started within a week of delivery. Sure, some remedies seemed to help at first, but they were more like slapping a band-aid on a gaping wound, just pushing the real problems further down the road without truly solving them. I thought my FDU was 'cured' after almost a year of peace, but then the issues came back with a vengeance, and two attempts later, it was even more broken somehow.

I'm not in NEED of another car - I still have my old W222 S for town runs.

Taycan Turbo feels a bit too low and stiff as a sedan, and new ones are too expensive for what it is. The i7 disappoints with bad wind noise and is just meh in every other aspect. If I were to get another EV right now, I'd probably **lease** an AMG EQS.

However, I'm most likely to hold out for the W223 refresh later this year.
New Model 3 performance maybe 😁

It’s crazy how some of these cars are insanely issue free and others are plagued with issues. It’s to a level I’ve pretty much never seen
Mine has been primarily trouble-free, but my neighbour with the exact same car down to the color has already had to return his for a new one due to some sort of suspension issue that, according to him, felt like a wheel was about to fall off every time he drove the thing. I'm sure I've said this before, and Audi is far from perfect, but if you took the battery and overall tech from the MSP and slapped it an a RS6 or RS7, you'd have the perfect car. I just cannot understand the lack of consistency in building their product. And now that he appears to be on a firing spree, I'm not confident this won't get worse before it gets better. Good luck OP.

That's losing the plot.

It's just a garden variety car with some heavy-hitting torque.
Yes.

I initially bought a Tesla for ONE reason - it's electric. It needs no gasoline or diesel to go.

It allows me to thumb my nose at the 50 year manipulations I've experienced while dependent on petroleum products for my work, my heat (20 years on propane), and my overall well-being.

I bought my first house above Santa Clara because I didn't want city life. One year later both heating and driving costs doubled in a time of life where my then wife and I were barely able to keep afloat on mortgage at 7.8%. A pretty place that soothed us so much that we were willing to make daily 60 and 80 mile round trip commutes. Then we got slam dunked not by natural disaster but by the gouging of the oil industry which continues to this day.

I actually bought a motorcycle in 1979 (not my first or last) specifically so that I could back to an unused pump during the "crisis" which imposed one hour in morning/one hour in evening that I enjoyed during both the 1973, 1979-80 "crisis" periods which only resulted in magically going away when the gas prices doubled. You see, I worked a swing shift (3:00 to 11:30 pm) and the hour for fuel was usually around 8:00 am to 9:00 am and 5:00 to 6:00 pm. For all who were yet to be born - you wouldn't believe the lines but it would be the first thing you'd see on the news each day. There weren't websites remember.

I don't blame this or that official for the gas prices and didn't for the availability during those days. I blame the oil industry and always have.

Today at 75 years with no need to work or commute every time I leave home I make a special point to actually thumb my nose at each gas station I pass to the chagrin of my now wife who refuses to give up her Lexus LS 460.

See? Not only are Tesla's electric but they're fun too.😁