Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking with a colleague today about Tesla and the line of storage devices to be unveiled soon. He is from India and thought it would be well received. He said that utility power is typically down a couple of hours every day and that gas generators are everywhere in homes and businesses to handle the situation. Affordable home storage devices would make a big difference.

So while we may wonder how to optimize the value of batteries in places with cost effective and reliable utilities like the US, there is a huge global market where grids are quite marginal and intelligent batteries will improve the standard of living.

I was talking with a colleague today about Tesla and the line of storage devices to be unveiled soon. He is from India and thought it would be well received. He said that utility power is typically down a couple of hours every day and that gas generators are everywhere in homes and businesses to handle the situation. Affordable home storage devices would make a big difference.

So while we may wonder how to optimize the value of batteries in places with cost effective and reliable utilities like the US, there is a huge global market where grids are quite marginal and intelligent batteries will improve the standard of living.

I usually spend a few months in India per year as a tourist and yes the power cuts are frequent and very annoying. I rent an apartment there sometimes which has what they call "UPS" (Uninterrupted Power Supply). It basically is an inverter with a big lead acid battery, like the ones you would find in a smaller truck. This is the system that all private residents would use, whereas companies and hotels and such use diesel generators. A UPS system in India for a domesitc household costs around $300 and it's very popular, among those who can afford it. The Indian market possibilities are gargantuan, especially with solar.

Looks like all California Self-Generation Incentive Program payments for Tesla installed stationary storage systems were made in Q4 2014 and Q1 2015. See my post in Tesla Stationary Storage thread for more details.

The total selling price is small but it would be great symbolic step if TM lists this revenue as a separate line item on the Q1 ER - and they might... This actually might have something to do with the timing of the April 30th event a week before the ER.

I've been reading on different forums and commentary sections on articles etc the last 24 hours and I must say I am surprised at how tenacious the shorts are. Many of them really believe that we're heading back down sub 200 and low 100s. It just baffles me, how they can not see the freight train coming at them. I think they are even more convinced that the stock is heading back down than they were in May 2013 when we had the squeeze, back then at least many shorts capitulated.
Now I'm not saying we're going to take off vertically, but I guess what I'm getting at is that the polarization between longs and shorts hasn't been bigger, at least that's how I percieve it now.

I've been reading on different forums and commentary sections on articles etc the last 24 hours and I must say I am surprised at how tenacious the shorts are. Many of them really believe that we're heading back down sub 200 and low 100s. It just baffles me, how they can not see the freight train coming at them. I think they are even more convinced that the stock is heading back down than they were in May 2013 when we had the squeeze, back then at least many shorts capitulated.
Now I'm not saying we're going to take off vertically, but I guess what I'm getting at is that the polarization between longs and shorts hasn't been bigger, at least that's how I percieve it now.

My take on this tenaciousness is that it is not surprising, considering high stakes. Logic and reason get clouded by the denial, facts get twisted or cherry-picked to fit the desired or hoped for scenarios. Denial is so easy as it shields from facing the pain of loss and the pain of being so wrong.

These polarized opinions on TSLA create arbitrage opportunities. Once the polarized opinions converge this stock will be traded based on its fundamentals.

TSLA could take off vertically if Quarterly and Annual Report provide some positive earnings, but I do not have very high expectations for this year. My expectations for this investment have been far exceeded already, more that is coming is just icing on a cake:smile:

My take on this tenaciousness is that it is not surprising, considering high stakes. Logic and reason get clouded by the denial, facts get twisted or cherry-picked to fit the desired or hoped for scenarios. Denial is so easy as it shields from facing the pain of loss and the pain of being so wrong.

These polarized opinions on TSLA create arbitrage opportunities. Once the polarized opinions converge this stock will be traded based on its fundamentals.

TSLA could take off vertically if Quarterly and Annual Report provide some positive earnings, but I do not have very high expectations for this year. My expectations for this investment have been far exceeded already, more that is coming is just icing on a cake:smile:

Don't forget they think the same about us when we talk abut TSLA at 400$. We might both be wrong :-D

Yes, I think you summed it up quite well, all though I have quite high expectations for Tesla and TSLA this year as so many good things are expected to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.