Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently stuck between dealer sell walls until they reduce and go away.
Need over $175 to stretch, at which point dealers will participate.

1715615850412.png

Let's just say the stock has more room to run today. It touched 173.86 and bounced just now, so I expect it will touch 173.86 again after spiking from here, if it spikes. So if you're wondering what you should do if you're sweating CCs, I'd wait for that retest, if there is going to be a retest. Probably tomorrow/Wednesday, and go from there.

EDIT: as I was typing this, it went lower. So take note of the coming bottom when it finally spikes up again, that'll be your "safe" magnet. Not saying it will spike up again, just that if it spikes, take note of the spot where it bounces.
Yeah, this is similar to Monday, Mar 11th. Another telltale sign of DCB is the flat price action at $168 for most of the day on Friday.

SMCI 785

helpmeeeeeeeeee

if i have 5/17 -p780 and it gets assigned this Fri, i immediately sell the stock on Monday and buy LEAPS, correct?

1715623421609.png

assuming this cuts my capital cost by half, this means i can buy 2 LEAPS and then sell 2 Straddles (and later on 4 CCs) for each -p, AMIRIGHT?

one -p wheeled into 4 CCs AND 10 premiums seems too good to be true

just trying to understand LEAPS mechanics

Last edited:
What do you guys think? Do we close back higher today?

Seems I lost my touch to fear. At $175.30's earlier I was hovering over STO a bunch of -C185 5/17 @$1.00, and it went all the way to $0.998 and I canceled it in at the last second in case it ran more and I'll regret opening them. Then the MMD.

Now I have neither :p

(And trying to learn a new platform on TOS Mobile; I feel very disoriented, will take a few days to feel at home with it. Shame TD-Mobile app couldn't carry over. Was perfect for my needs.)

@tivoboy Can someone buy the TD-App assets, say for use at another broker, or will it just be buried in the tech cemetery of good apps?

Reactions: dc_h
(And trying to learn a new platform on TOS Mobile; I feel very disoriented, will take a few days to feel at home with it. Shame TD-Mobile app couldn't carry over. Was perfect for my needs.)

@tivoboy Can someone buy the TD-App assets, say for use at another broker, or will it just be buried in the tech cemetery of good apps?
My guess is that TD mobile apps are gone. You can always setup a paper money trading account to work on learning the app - not your current account. I did that many many years ago to see how alerting worked, to immediately re-create or create orders to execute even some more complicated rolls, etc. Might be a thought to try outside normal hours.

I’m still going to bet that within a few days, week you’re going to like more some of the direct access, configurability - you can customize even the mobile apps what’s along the ribbon, onscreen, your charts and graphs, etc. Much more so than the regular TD apps.

Reactions: Jim Holder
SMCI 785

helpmeeeeeeeeee

if i have 5/17 -p780 and it gets assigned this Fri, i immediately sell the stock on Monday and buy LEAPS, correct?

View attachment 1046808

assuming this cuts my capital cost by half, this means i can buy 2 LEAPS and then sell 2 Straddles (and later on 4 CCs) for each -p, AMIRIGHT?

one -p wheeled into 4 CCs AND 10 premiums seems too good to be true

just trying to understand LEAPS mechanics
It's giving me a slight headache, for sure, but sounds about right... but what LEAPS would you be looking for? As always, when you write against longer dated long positions, be careful with the Delta movements if they go ITM, you can get underwater quite quickly