Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1714756374989.png

Since today seems to be a minimal movement day, anyone doing anything with NVDA? I had opened a 5/10 -945c/1100c BCS last week, and it's at 50% profit now. I'm tempted to open a second, assuming today's rally will revert by Monday, but I'm also expecting a run-up to their earnings call on 5/22. Anyone else think the same?
Only the 5/24 -c800/-p900 positions I have in play already, SP >800 and I just let it play out

Reactions: Oil4AsphaultOnly
im currently training on a new scalping strategy. Won't post much until I master this. Best of luck ladies and gents.

I'm still looking for SPY 480 and TSLA 163 before breaking out to 220+ by June.

Leave us with a TSLA ceiling "TSLA won't likely go above x.xx by x date" before $163, so those of us who want can set short calls for the drop.

Leave us with a TSLA ceiling "TSLA won't likely go above x.xx by x date" before $163, so those of us who want can set short calls for the drop.
I dont have anything like that right now. The flow is now really bullish. Yet, the structure of the market as a whole says DCB. When flow is this bullish, some random news in the AH can get the bulls going again. Right now I suggest day trading CC. Dont hold a heavy position overnight. Short puts should be treated the same. The nature of a DCB is flow is going to stay firm until the rug pull and the nature of rug pull is it'll come when least expected. It's gonna get you on the down move if you stay complacent. For the next few days I'm going to be scalping OTM short puts primarily. I think it'll pay to be patient here and buy the dip at 163, instead of trying to call the top anywhere. If you want to play the downside or to hedge, buy put spreads. Dont sell calls to hedge against a rug pull. Limited gain & unlimited loss potential.

Last edited:
I'd like to discuss, but don't want to pollute this thread, we can DM it, or if you prefer to have it "in the open" start a new thread so we can argue in public 😬
I like people arguing and show both side to keep my objectivity. Please discuss here so we don’t become an echo chamber.

so I can know if I roll my 162.50CC 10DTE out at the same strike or up. Is Tesla doomed or we are just a bunch of infuriated option trader I need someone to let me know.

I dont have anything like that right now. The flow is now really bullish. Yet, the structure of the market as a whole says DCB. When flow is this bullish, some random news in the AH can get the bulls going again. Right now I suggest day trading CC. Dont hold a heavy position overnight. Short puts should be treated the same. The nature of a DCB is flow is going to stay firm until the rug pull and the nature of rug pull is it'll come when least expected. It's gonna get you on the down move if you stay complacent. For the next few days I'm going to be scalping OTM short puts primarily. I think it'll pay to be patient here and buy the dip at 163, instead of trying to call the top anywhere. If you want to play the downside or to hedge, buy put spreads. Dont sell calls to hedge against a rug pull. Limited gain & unlimited loss potential.
Thank you. Solid advice.
My errors have been when using CCs as downside protection instead of just scalping.

What kind of TSLA put spread do you like, and should we wait before putting it on?

Reactions: Cherry Wine
paging @Max Plaid (oh straddle master)

if you get assigned a put today (assume 210 strike, for ex), what would be your 7dte straddle strike and why? i've never done straddles

TIA!

1714759282641.png

Last edited:
Reactions: phantasms
LOL - graphite is not a trace mineral. The administration granted flexibility on material that is "difficult to trace" ;)

The guidance lays out rules meant to disqualify EVs with battery minerals from countries like China. But difficult to trace minerals, like graphite, won’t count against the tax credit until 2027.

paging @Max Plaid (oh straddle master)

if you get assigned a put today (assume 210 strike, for ex), what would be your 7dte straddle strike and why? i've never done straddles

TIA!

View attachment 1044073

We're talking TSLA, right?

Well all depends on your cost basis, if you sold the put when the SP was @140 then you're much more flexible than if you sold @190...

And then it depends on the positioning of your portfolio - for instance I just bought 100x Jan 2025 +p150's, but am also holding July +p150's, which I'm trading against, having those extra Jan +p150's backing up the July's mean I can be extremely aggressive on the put side, so if I were writing a straddle now for next week I would be going for 185, which is heavily biased on the put side, but I have the capacity to absorb a drop if it happens

Apologies, probably not very helpful...

Reactions: Yoona
What is DCB?

• Helpful
Reactions: EnzoXYZ
NVDA broked through key resistance of 882 and closed at 887. Per Wicked expect 970 in 3-5 days.

1714766781502.png

TSLA is a wild card at the moment. Going wait for it to retraced to 15x (figure I go in between tivoboy 14x and dl003 16x) and then go long into July. Easier then guessing when it going up or down now since it's on it's own tangent now.

Market is Euphoria Mode now and may take some times before thing fall back to Earth.

what about TSLA CC dated 17/5 target price $200, Delta 0.15 ? is it save

NVDA broked through key resistance of 882 and closed at 887. Per Wicked expect 970 in 3-5 days.
That seems overly optimistic to me, but I would not complain. Sold some July $950P before close for $115. Hoping to stretch out my strikes a bit more ITM for the next couple months.

10x TSLA 170CCs for today should assign which frees up some extra cash at a good time.

View attachment 1044126

TSLA is a wild card at the moment. Going wait for it to retraced to 15x (figure I go in between tivoboy 14x and dl003 16x) and then go long into July. Easier then guessing when it going up or down now since it's on it's own tangent now.

Market is Euphoria Mode now and may take some times before thing fall back to Earth.
My AI is telling me ~ $935 for NVDA in short order. I’m going to look to sell more calls again if we get up there. It would take quite a lot to get us back under $800 in the NEAR term.