Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"TSLA afternoon fade activated"

1715967009590.png

Daily:

1715967104075.png

Weekly:

1715967199561.png

I don't think it's a fade. Doesn't feel like a fade. Initially there was a rush of call buying that pushed the stock up. Then, people un-"familiar with the matter" sold as it's OPEX and 180 just seemed like a good price. However, those calls were bought; there had to be a reason. They must be anticipating something over the weekend and don't mind these peasants selling on a Friday cuz they know Monday will go the way they want. We are still trading a lot higher than before the call buying commended.

If I'm right, the structure we're seeing will soon yield to a more vertical variation with shallow retracements few and far in between.

There's another path
View attachment 1048087
This path is also bullish, even though it'll take longer to break out.
There's also a bearish path, which will be completely invalidated if we trade above 188. I don't give this bearish path any weight at all. However, to torment participants, I think 188 initially will reject the stock, but eventually, 1 of 2 things will happen:
a. We follow the path above
b. We retrace to low 180s before going up again
When I see these long upper wicks on the green days, most importantly May 13th (the day of the supposed end of correction), it tells me there’s hesitation from the bulls. Whereas on the red days, the bears are in control from start to finish. Perhaps this is telling us we may not be quite ready yet to start the next leg up. Shouldn't there be a convincing day that proves the bulls are back? Like Apr 27th, 2023. This recent price action appears to be the bears just taking the day off, not the bulls having won the stock back just yet.
TSLA 1 day 5-17-24.png

Compared to Macro and Others Mag7 we are the top dog today.

As a whole we're still holding onto some gain....the juices are there.
SPY also completed it retracement to 527.

Adding some more C on the retracement. Let see if we rocketed Monday or sputter out of gas :)

View attachment 1048132
Says the dog that is literally 6 inches off the ground.. i mean you’re ONLY outpacing a Dachshund by about 1”

Closed this week’s -180CC’s at the close yesterday.. didn’t do anything today. Will let price action early next week dictate next options move. Current plan is to wait until we get above 180 to sell any cc’s, and if we don’t get that, will only sell cc’s below 180 if we break 171 and 168, to preserve capital since at that point we would likely see further downside

Closed this week’s -180CC’s at the close yesterday.. didn’t do anything today. Will let price action early next week dictate next options move. Current plan is to wait until we get above 180 to sell any cc’s, and if we don’t get that, will only sell cc’s below 180 if we break 171 and 168, to preserve capital since at that point we would likely see further downside

Good plan. What CC's do you have in mind if we get above $180?

Reactions: OptionsGrinder