Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone calling a top on this move?
I'd imagine 200 is going to be tough resistance so I could see it stalling there until the shareholders meeting in a month and a half. Macro could be a material headwind during that next month and a half as well

This barring any sort of FSD development. Stock is clearly trading now based on FSD potential, not earnings fundamentals. As long as the good news flow continues to come in for autonomy

Last edited:
It’s my understanding that FSD does use mapping data extensively - and that many of its flubs arise from when that data is inaccurate, leading to poor decision making.
It must use maps because the right turn at the light out of my neighborhood that FSD always took for 2 years has now turned into going straight through the light then pull a u-turn only to now go left at the light. No reason for it except the road is being widened, but no physical reason why it cannot still go right as it always did.

1714408884130.png

• Funny
Reactions: phantasms
This exposes stock to all kinds of news - a single report of an accident can take the stock down 10%.
I don't think it's going to be smooth sailing. Even if there's no accidents on FSD, there will be plenty of biased articles, hit pieces, and FUD.

It'll be a constant tug of war between FSD progress, FSD announcements like the licensing deal, etc.. vs the FUD and/or any negative FSD related events.

Which is why I've continually made it a point to say we gotta keep seeing FSD progress and advancements for the FSD fueled rally to really kick in hard and last.

Also while I say the stock is trading on FSD potential now and not earnings fundamentals, I do think there was enough positives from the earnings call that show margin have in fact bottomed and fundamentals will improve (battery prices plummeting, Tesla expecting EV credits to continue and expand, Tesla guiding for 2024 Energy to grow 75% over 2023, etc..)

So the ferocity of this short squeeze suggests the buyers don’t see us tapering off this week?
I think the ferocity is down to exactly what was discussed over the weekend. Q1 was assumed to be garbage, everyone positioned for it, it was garbage, but with all those puts to play out, the manipulators pulled the plug, assisted by Musk's 24/7 stock pumping

For my side, I too think this is somewhat unsustainable, so rather than sacrifice my Jan +c300's or roll out, I decided to keep the -c175 strike for the moment, but start to buy back

So BTC 100x 5/3 -c175 -> STO 80x 5/10 -c175 + 100x -p180 = slight profit

I figure more like to drop from here than go up, and still have the July +p150's in place, and if it does go up from here then I have 80x to roll, not 100x, will look to do the same next week...

I had also completely forgot, but just spotted that I have 26x Jan 2026 +c270's, so will use those for rolling the 25x 5/24 -c170's, but going to wait-and-see a bit on this first

Last edited: