Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slovakia and Chezch Republic. And we saw MANY single family homes as we covered over 700 miles seeing a lot of the countryside.
GDP per capita in the Chezch Republic and Slovakia are much higher than Russia after their achieving independence from Russia’s USSR. So that growth would match your experiences there.

That’s one of many reasons Ukraine seeks to continue to distance itself from Russia.

From what I understand, most Russians live a non-prosperous life. Oil fields and farm lands are sparcely populated, and living condtions relatively poor.

Only the people living in Moscow and members of the Communist party are the entitled ones.

Few Moscovites are drafted into service. Putin does not want to see truckloads of body bags coming into the city.

Party leaders, military elite and Putin;s friends live a pretty lavish life, but for others it is a struggle, and not something to embrace.

Most of the luxuries are only available in Moscow. The Capital city is far different than the typical rest of Russia.
You might be surprised. Some 10 years ago we traveled Eastern Europe and making reservations and seeing very cheap prices I wondered what we got ourselves into. To our extreme surprise rooms that were 1/3 of US prices were nicer than here. Streets and buildings were very clean and nice. Train rides up to 400 miles were cheap, fast, clean and delightful with full high speed internet as well. No derelict buildings that we see ALL over the U.S. When we got back a good friend and Bosnian refugee said you see the propaganda you have been fed all your life has been just that, propaganda. He was right.

Surprised based on what? You travelled the Czech Republic and Slovakia(!) – not one of the countries the Russian Dictator currently terrorizes – and this time I'm referring to the country that's currently called "Russia".

Last edited:
Article accuses Ukraine of not preparing adequately for Russia's invasion North of Kharkiv.
Quote: ... Their advances are only a few miles deep but have swallowed up around 100km (62 miles) of Ukrainian territory. In the more heavily defended east of Ukraine, it’s taken Russia months to achieve the same.
“There was no first line of defence. We saw it. The Russians just walked in. They just walked in, without any mined fields” he says.

He shows me video from a drone feed taken a few days ago of small columns of Russian troops simply walking across the border, unopposed.

He says officials had claimed that defences were being built at huge cost, but in his view, those defences simply weren’t there. “Either it was an act of negligence, or corruption. It wasn’t a failure. It was a betrayal”.
“Of course I’m angry,” Denys says. “When we were fighting back for this territory in 2022, we lost thousands of people. We risked our lives.

"And now because someone didn’t build fortifications, we’re losing people again.”

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
Article accuses Ukraine of not preparing adequately for Russia's invasion North of Kharkiv.
Quote: ... Their advances are only a few miles deep but have swallowed up around 100km (62 miles) of Ukrainian territory. In the more heavily defended east of Ukraine, it’s taken Russia months to achieve the same.
“There was no first line of defence. We saw it. The Russians just walked in. They just walked in, without any mined fields” he says.

He shows me video from a drone feed taken a few days ago of small columns of Russian troops simply walking across the border, unopposed.

He says officials had claimed that defences were being built at huge cost, but in his view, those defences simply weren’t there. “Either it was an act of negligence, or corruption. It wasn’t a failure. It was a betrayal”.
“Of course I’m angry,” Denys says. “When we were fighting back for this territory in 2022, we lost thousands of people. We risked our lives.

"And now because someone didn’t build fortifications, we’re losing people again.”

On Swedish Public Service Radio (I think) someone commented that the UKR defense lines are set at some distance from the border. They're also set in relatively straight lines. The border isn't straight. And it's apparently not advantageous to defend points of the border that can be attacked from two or three directions... If you look at the DeepStateMAP – the Russian Dictator's minions have advanced about 4 km into UKR from this direction.

It is clear your purpose here is for trolling/propaganda, in this case intentionally avoiding like for like comparisons.
My goal is to tell you the truth. To believe or not to believe is your business.
PS You're just jealous that for $30 you get a shabby smelly motel, and we get a clean, well-maintained room))))

My goal is to tell you the truth. To believe or not to believe is your business.
PS You're just jealous that for $30 you get a shabby smelly motel, and we get a clean, well-maintained room))))
Now you claim you know a lot about the prices in other countries where just moments before you said you didn’t. Please, continue more propaganda.

Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
Multiple dead after Ukrainian strike on residential area

The Belgorod region governor has also said that over 20 people have been injured.

Ukraine attacked residential areas of Belgorod, using a Tochka-U tactical missile system, as well as Olkha, and RM-70 Vampire multiple launch rocket systems. The ministry further asserted that Russian air defenses intercepted six Soviet-era Tochka-U missiles, four Vampire rockets, and two Olkha projectiles. It was mentioned that fragments of one of the downed Tochka-U missiles had caused damage to a residential building in Belgorod.

The Belgorod region governor has also said that over 20 people have been injured.

Ukraine attacked residential areas of Belgorod, using a Tochka-U tactical missile system, as well as Olkha, and RM-70 Vampire multiple launch rocket systems. The ministry further asserted that Russian air defenses intercepted six Soviet-era Tochka-U missiles, four Vampire rockets, and two Olkha projectiles. It was mentioned that fragments of one of the downed Tochka-U missiles had caused damage to a residential building in Belgorod.

It's by no means proven this was a "downed Ukraine missile".
You may not want to believe it, but quite a few bombs have been falling off Russian planes over their own territory recently, including Belgorod.

After the emergency, the AFU tried to shell Belgorod again

The armed forces of Ukraine tried to shell Belgorod again.
From 19:50 to 20:40 (Moscow time), another attempt by the Kiev regime to carry out a terrorist attack on residential areas of the city of Belgorod was stopped. Twelve MLRS "Vampire" rockets and two MLRS "Alder" rockets were destroyed by air defense systems.

RT is about the most untruthful source of information out there:

IMG_5441.jpeg

RT News (RT.Com) - Bias and Credibility