Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He suggested that they should fully surrender.
No he didn't, your lies about Musk is no different from Putin's propaganda.

Elon's stand on Ukraine is broadly similar to those expressed by the progressive wing of Dems or the Biden administration.

His stand is also echoed by German Chancellor Olaf Scholz, whose party SPD is considered center left in Europe (so probably far left in the US political spectrum)

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Putin hasn't said he wants to absorb all of Ukraine but he has indicated that he wants Donbas, Danesk, Crimea, etc. to become Russia.

Elon suggested that Ukraine should fully surrender all of those occupied regions, provide subsidized utilities to the occupiers, and agree to never form any military alliances...

...in exchange for _______

Go ahead, fill in the blank. You specifically used the term "negotiate". Or did you mean "capitulate"? If you actually intended to write "negotiate" then it should be really easy for you to fill in that blank.

Last edited:
It's just like Musk said, you're a true moderate/centralist when you're hated by both sides.
True moderate/centralists don't promote actual nazis, suggest Ukraine give up stolen land, or spread insane conspiracy theories. Only someone far from the center would think those are the actions of a moderate.

Some seem to misunderstand what a centrist view today is, which Elon perfectly defined in a image he tweeted some time ago.

He’s not alone, there’s lots of folks in the same boat.
58AD1794-0B2A-483B-8DB1-FFBDDF828628.jpeg

Some seem to misunderstand what a centrist view today is, which Elon perfectly defined in a image he tweeted some time ago.

He’s not alone, there’s lots of folks in the same boat.
View attachment 902385
Sorry, you keep pushing this paradigm, but there's no evidence that it's correct for anyone except Elon Musk. And I'm saying that as someone who's a traditional conservative.

Sorry, you keep pushing this paradigm, but there's no evidence that it's correct for anyone except Elon Musk. And I'm saying that as someone who's a traditional conservative.
Disaffected Liberal is the most accurate term I’ve found for it. Ideologically homeless if you will, though I personally reject that we should identify in the binary for such complex social matters.

Putin hasn't said he wants to absorb all of Ukraine but he has indicated that he wants Donbas, Danesk, Crimea, etc. to become Russia.

Elon suggested that Ukraine should fully surrender all of those occupied regions, provide subsidized utilities to the occupiers, and agree to never form any military alliances...

...in exchange for _______

Go ahead, fill in the blank. You specifically used the term "negotiate". Or did you mean "capitulate"? If you actually intended to write "negotiate" then it should be really easy for you to fill in that blank.

This proposal by Elon is so similar to Nevil Chamberlain's "Peace in Our Time" deal in 1938 it's scary.

Disaffected Liberal is the most accurate term I’ve found for it. Ideologically homeless if you will, though I personally reject that we should identify in the binary for such complex social matters.

There are lots of center-left liberals remaining, it's the right wing media who is casting all of them as extremists.

My guess is your neighbors are largely anonymous and relatively liberal. I certainly hope so for your sake. In any event, dad feels comfortable telling you to F off. There are only a few directions available, most closed to you. Moving probably is in your best interest.
What do you mean neighbors are anonymous and relatively liberal?

For OP— If it keeps happening after speaking with the dad, confront the kid as he does it. Tell him it was funny while it lasted and to stop touching the car cuz it’s getting old. Maybe get his dad involved as you are confronting him. Teenagers don’t like to be caught and confronted. But if you do it assertively and strategically, without losing your cool, that should hopefully put an end to it.

True moderate/centralists don't promote actual nazis, suggest Ukraine give up stolen land, or spread insane conspiracy theories. Only someone far from the center would think those are the actions of a moderate.
All lies, especially given the real Nazi is Putin, who is claiming Elon Musk is a "war criminal", that's a fact, not your invented anti-Musk drivel.

Of course there's evidence that the left has gotten more extreme, even Oxford thinks woke has gone too far, so stop blaming everything on Musk and start re-examining your own biases.

I'm not conflating anything, I'm just quoting the title of the article as it is.

Most members of Oxford Union comes from the university, so it's a distinction without difference in this case.
It's a distinction with difference. A subset making up a debate team are not in any way a guarantee of representation of the university at large. Selection bias - look it up.

The "article" is from a student run paper. Source matters.

By the way, I'm of the same opinion that woke has gone too far. But I'm also of the opinion that poorly crafted arguments, especially to bolster one's biases, are off-putting.

It's a distinction with difference. A subset making up a debate team are not in any way a guarantee of representation of the university at large. Selection bias - look it up.

The "article" is from a student run paper. Source matters.

By the way, I'm of the same opinion that woke has gone too far. But I'm also of the opinion that poorly crafted arguments, especially to bolster one's biases, are off-putting.
So what if there's selection bias? Doesn't mean the bias is against woke, in fact the bias is more likely to be supporting woke, given most students' political leaning these days. Same thing with student run paper, it's more likely to be leaning liberal instead of leaning conservative. That's why I said it makes no difference in this case.

So what if there's selection bias? Doesn't mean the bias is against woke, in fact the bias is more likely to be supporting woke, given most students' political leaning these days. Same thing with student run paper, it's more likely to be leaning liberal instead of leaning conservative. That's why I said it makes no difference in this case.
These are all your opinions and have zero basis in statistical data. But keep confirming your own biases with those opinions, just know that's what you're doing. Being sure of your opinions as fact is a great way to never learn anything.

"The left has gotten more extreme, look at this student newspaper report on a debate team at Oxford as solid evidence, in lieu of something more concrete."

I'll be done here with you so we don't clutter up this thread anymore.

• Disagree
Reactions: spacerfc and mspohr
013123.Woke-Parents.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.