Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please remove "Preconditioning battery" message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are we the only people irritated by the obnoxious "Preconditioning battery..." message?

Yes, it is kinda interesting to know this, but it sits in the same place as much more important messages, and it's really obnoxious.
IMG_20200104_114737.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200104_114737.jpg
    IMG_20200104_114737.jpg
    908.8 KB · Views: 59
Are we the only people irritated by the obnoxious "Preconditioning battery..." message?

Yes, it is kinda interesting to know this, but it sits in the same place as much more important messages, and it's really obnoxious.View attachment 496402

Have you tried swiping to left?

I haven’t tried for that message alert but it works for other ones.

Have you tried swiping to left?

I haven’t tried for that message alert but it works for other ones.

Swiping left briefly minimizes it, but it comes back the moment some other (important) message is displayed.

It's like the car is so pleased with itself that it has to continuously tell you it's doing it.

We just drove 60 miles with it doing that, and it's driving my wife nuts (she is driving this leg)

Note: not new behavior. We are on 2019.40.50.5

I'm not familiar with the 3 UI. Is that a charge icon on the bottom middle of your screenshot? If so, I would have just modified that in some way to denote the preconditioning. It's not like you need to know this information, or even care, really.
I'm betting a developer had a requirement to show an indication, scanned the GUI API and saw the alert display, and just used that. Commit, change ticket, next!

For me the "important message" that gets covered up is the Autopilot nag warning, which is way more important than Preconditioning.
When an UI displays multiple messages in a single space, there has to be a Z axis prioritization that forces the most important message to the top, overwriting low priority Preconditioning messages.

Swiping left briefly minimizes it, but it comes back the moment some other (important) message is displayed.

It's like the car is so pleased with itself that it has to continuously tell you it's doing it.

We just drove 60 miles with it doing that, and it's driving my wife nuts (she is driving this leg)

Note: not new behavior. We are on 2019.40.50.5

My car doesn’t precondition for that far a distance to a super charger. You have to be closer before it starts. Maybe if it’s a colder battery it’s starts earlier.

Reactions: Sherlo
My car doesn’t precondition for that far a distance to a super charger. You have to be closer before it starts. Maybe if it’s a colder battery it’s starts earlier.
We saw 60 miles once and it made absolutely no sense.

Normally, over the last 3 days on our drive back to Atlanta from Northern Colorado, it preconditioned the battery for the last 15-20 minutes before each Supercharger.

Yes the 60 miles was exceptional and four times as irritating.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
For me the "important message" that gets covered up is the Autopilot nag warning, which is way more important than Preconditioning.
When an UI displays multiple messages in a single space, there has to be a Z axis prioritization that forces the most important message to the top, overwriting low priority Preconditioning messages.
I would gladly trade AP nag (as in remove it permanently)

I only really get preconditioning for SC message if I’ve killed the heater to range just a bit further.