Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OWNERS! - do you get awkward questions about price tag?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My biggest reason for not being upfront is I don't need the extra drama it creates. The jokes about being a baller, paying for lunch, etc get old quickly. And I'll get a lot of that since my company now feels that hiring fresh, impressionable, out of college newbies will generate sales success (as opposed to guys like me that have real-world experience putting customers through production and getting product on store shelves).

I've worked hard to get where I am, and the MS is a reflection of how much work I've had to do, but I could do without the drama and office politics. :rolleyes:

I am getting a lot of that too. Funny thing is that I bring my lunch every day (which is part of the reason I can pay for a Model S). But I would get this anyway because anyone who has seen my car has looked it up online. I also get a bunch of this grief because I am young, and look even younger.

I know some people think:

• My parents paid for some of it. (HA!)
  • My wife is paying for it. (Nope works for peanuts for a 2 person non-profit)
  • I have a trust fund. (I wish)
  • I am overpaid. (Probably the opposite)

In reality I have been wanting this for 12 years. And have the ability to do it. So I did.