Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Forum Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised to say this, but I vastly preferred the old design. The new design has too much whitespace, and fonts are bigger, which together means a LOT more scrolling. Also, extremely hard to click on the tiny blue dot beside the thread's subject to jump to the "new unread" messages to pick-up from where I left off.

Unfortunately, the readability of the site has gone way down. @doug and @danny, can we get a statement from you on making the overall font, foreground/background colors looking better? Right now, the HUGE expanse of white space hurts my eyes, and it is difficult for me to read the gray text on the white background -- it reminds me of some presentations at work where people insist upon using #000099 on top of #000033. The font isn't bold enough for the contrast level you like -- either the text needs to be bulked up, or the background needs to be changed -- or please give us an easy option to skin it. Personally, I'd like a dark theme.

Grey on white is just awful for those if us with older eyes.

We are absolutely working on how we can improve the above (where we believe there is improvement to be made.

@danny @doug
So, people's signatures don't show up unless you're logged in and you have the option checked to show signatures in preferences. Why aren't they shown to guests anymore? Also, links are disabled in signatures. So, if you had a link in your pre-update signature and want to keep it, don't edit your signature. :(

I'm trying to give this forum a shot, really... anything I can do to help with features? heh

Overall the performance is definitely better, and I thank Doug/Danny et al for all their hard work and sleepless nights. However, I too am finding the layout and color choices to be pretty poor. A lot of these issues could be solved with user-selectable themes.

@danny @doug
So, people's signatures don't show up unless you're logged in and you have the option checked to show signatures in preferences. Why aren't they shown to guests anymore? Also, links are disabled in signatures. So, if you had a link in your pre-update signature and want to keep it, don't edit your signature. :(

I'm trying to give this forum a shot, really... anything I can do to help with features? heh

In case people coming to this thread wouldn't have seen @wk057's post

It takes some getting used to, but it's a lot quicker. I think the whitespace, text, formatting, etc issues can be tweaked in the template, so I'm less concerned about those.

Regardless, I will still say thank you to doug/danny for putting the effort into the redesign.

I've been tooling around on revising the styles behind the forum this afternoon to make it a minimum viable product from my eyes. If you haven't taken a look at this thread: Forum stylesheets

...you might want to. By using style sheet overrides, you can make things better temporarily until Danny and Doug get something better worked out. Take a look at my screenshots at the bottom of pg 1 in the thread.

The conversion broke the link in my signature. Try clicking on it.

How do we go about fixing or editing links in our signatures?

Thanks.

Larry

The Florida sub-forum one worked for me. Other one is indeed broken though.

Can't you just update the link to

Florida Tesla Enthusiasts (FTE) club sign-up page

To change it just hover over your little avatar icon in the top right and click on "Signature".

Last edited: