Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Featur Request: Text Plug-In Reminder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this has been addressed here, but thought it would be a cool idea if, when your car is parked in the garage, and you forget to plug it in (perhaps during certain times or after certain length of time) that the app would notify you to remind you to plug in your Tesla before you go to bed. Text message would be ideal, but I would imagine notification alerts within the Tesla app would be an easier add on. Its very rare this happens to me, but the few times it has, it has been a real inconvenience.

Reactions: CHG-ON
EVTripping.com, along with the road trip planning it does, allows you to connect your car for monitoring. One of the things it monitors is if your car is plugged in at the hour you specify daily and emails you if the car isn't plugged in when you think it should. I get emails at 10pm if my car isn't plugged in which has saved me a few times.

Hopefully one day Tesla will add these kinds of reminders to their own apps/systems.

Reactions: Akikiki
Thanks for the plug @supratachophobia !

Dashboard for Tesla supports Plug-In Reminder, Camper Mode, Cabin Temperature Protection, Speed clocking and many other specialized features not found anywhere else.

Disclaimer: I am the developer.

charge_upgrade2.jpg

Thanks for the plug @supratachophobia !

Dashboard for Tesla supports Plug-In Reminder, Camper Mode, Cabin Temperature Protection, Speed clocking and many other specialized features not found anywhere else.

Disclaimer: I am the developer.

charge_upgrade2.jpg

Disclaimer: I am *not* the developer. Hell, I accidentally pad twice for the app. You should try this app, seriously.

Reactions: SG57
Had this pop up on the screen (not to my phone which would have been nice) after parking at my home garage tonight.

Battery was 19% and its cold out so the extra heads up to plug in was a nice to have.

The car knows my calendar for tomorrow (I have everything in there including commute home) and say I had a 50% SOC would alert me that I should charge based on the planned driving.

IMG_8432.JPG

Reactions: SG57